Kelly Blue Book versus DR price

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Just an unhappy post from a guy who "Couldn't Take Life" here in the DR and ran back "HOME"!!!!!!!
And still gives advice about how to survive in the DR!
"WTF"???????
How's THAT??????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Everyone else seems to tiptoe around you. Maybe they know how unbalanced you really are. Couldn't handle life in the real world or maybe you just couldn't be a big fish in a small pond like you think you are in the DR.
That is exactly the response I expected from you. You make it so easy. You know very little about me but continue to make up things when you have nothing really to say. You are like the bully who thinks his behavior is justified. Unlike you I have options and never lived in the DR permanently. How they let you stay as moderator baffles me? Are you paying them for this privelige? I have given people on this site more realistic information and actually answered their questions, rather than gone off on a tanget as most of the responders do here. I am sure under all the macho bs you are probably a "ok" guy but you continually let your little ego get in the way. If it makes you feel better, go ahead and make something up about me and add in a good put down or maybe a religious or racial slur. That always seems to make you look like a real .......... I will make you a deal you go away on this web site and I will to. It will be public service to the rest of the posters. I didn't think so.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Way to much time on your hands!
I am very proud that I can "Make It" here.
Some CAN'T.
I have a better idea we will each ONLY post about the country where we choose to live.
Is there a "USA1.com" where you can go to post about Your Country???????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

xSpAnIaRdx

Jul 14, 2009
Lol honestly reading these quotes from you CCCCC is the main reason I even go on this message boards....there hilarious and your one of the few who actually keeps its real and gives unbiased information on living conditions here in the DR

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Thanks "xSpan", you posted that exactly the same way I emailed it to you!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

But don't wait over 2 years between your posts!
Last one in April 2012!

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
Please don't encourage CC!

CC and others what do you think of buying a car with factory propane? I have seen a couple of retrofits that look awful and probably perform poorly..

With a factory installed system I expect better mileage on propane than with a retro fit. Although lower miles per gallon than gasoline.

My evaluation of cars will be in terms of total cost of ownership purchase price + maintain/repair + operating.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My opinion is that you need hi mileage to justify propane.... an island doesn't yield hi miles

there is another thread on this .....

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Please don't encourage CC!

CC and others what do you think of buying a car with factory propane? I have seen a couple of retrofits that look awful and probably perform poorly..

With a factory installed system I expect better mileage on propane than with a retro fit. Although lower miles per gallon than gasoline.

My evaluation of cars will be in terms of total cost of ownership purchase price + maintain/repair + operating.

the Hyundai N20 comes with factory propane installed. you just cant get a new one, since they are imported used from Korea, albeit in excellent condition. there are drawbacks with dry fuel, such as lubrication. and, yes, the factory installation will perform better, because the mapping on the ECM will be tailored for propane.

there might be other things you could consider. what kind of terrain do you generally traverse on a daily basis? how many miles do you drive? do you tow things behind your vehicle? do you need a third row seat? i can think of many other things to consider...

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
the Hyundai N20 comes with factory propane installed. you just cant get a new one, since they are imported used from Korea, albeit in excellent condition. there are drawbacks with dry fuel, such as lubrication. and, yes, the factory installation will perform better, because the mapping on the ECM will be tailored for propane.

there might be other things you could consider. what kind of terrain do you generally traverse on a daily basis? how many miles do you drive? do you tow things behind your vehicle? do you need a third row seat? i can think of many other things to consider...

I wouldn't buy used N20s.

I know they do all the necessary maintenance on the timely manner. But 99.9% of those N20s were used as taxis in Seoul Korea. It probably have like 500000 city km on the OD and with Seoul being one with worst traffics in the world. I don't recommend USED N20s with factory built-in gas tank to a friends.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I wouldn't buy used N20s.

I know they do all the necessary maintenance on the timely manner. But 99.9% of those N20s were used as taxis in Seoul Korea. It probably have like 500000 city km on the OD and with Seoul being one with worst traffics in the world. I don't recommend USED N20s with factory built-in gas tank to a friends.

Koreano, i am about to send you a pm

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
buying a used car here is time consuming and expensive... most cars here have not been in huge wrecks,,,,and front end (big) collisions are e z to spot as they change a front end... test drive,,,warm the car up. let it idle... shut it off... start it and watch for smoke...when properly warmed no smoke... this for gas cars/propane.
i got mine from a dealer as i was tired of shopping.. time vs money....
i have always seen good cars at new car dealers with p;enty dust on them good cars traded in or being sold for clients....

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
buying a used car here is time consuming and expensive... most cars here have not been in huge wrecks,,,,and front end (big) collisions are e z to spot as they change a front end... test drive,,,warm the car up. let it idle... shut it off... start it and watch for smoke...when properly warmed no smoke... this for gas cars/propane.
i have always seen good cars at new car dealers with p;enty dust on them good cars traded in or being sold for clients....

why do you say that most cars here have not been involved in huge wrecks? how can you tell?

secondly, you suggest strating the engine and watching for smoke. which color? blue, black, or white?

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012

I don't know if you had done carfax but when I was looking for a car 2 years ago, I narrowed my searched to Santa Fe and after checking two reports I bought five reports. All 7 reports seems to have some kind of problems before they were shipped or had very short reports. Most of the used car I had looked were cleaner than new inside out and had over 100k miles and mileages were rolled back. If I had to choose between all 8-9 Santa Fe I had looked, I would had choose one with the short report and hoped for the best.

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
I plan to buy a car in Santiago. I am looking at 2009 year of a US model.

I am looking at that year/model because i am expecting that it will have recently arrived and may have been maintained and repaired in the US.

The US sourced car may also have a Carfax history so I can eliminate salvage vehicles and so I can get a KBB price.

If the car checks out OK then what should I expect on the price relative to kbb?

I checked the offered prices on a few supercarros cars and saw a big difference between kbb and offered price.

This will influence my offer when I go to buy.

Thanks, Tom

I just purchased a 2009 Nissan Xterra. In very good condition. KBB median price was around 11,500. My friend advised my most vechiles in this range are imported for roughly 3500 dollars. He's been in the car business for a long time . After some negotiating with the dealer i was able to get him down to $14,500. My advice to you is to ignore the 40% over the kbb and try my approach. I hope this helps.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I just purchased a 2009 Nissan Xterra. In very good condition. KBB median price was around 11,500. My friend advised my most vechiles in this range are imported for roughly 3500 dollars. He's been in the car business for a long time . After some negotiating with the dealer i was able to get him down to $14,500. My advice to you is to ignore the 40% over the kbb and try my approach. I hope this helps.

there is no way that anyone can source a 2009 Xterra legally for 3500. none, whatsoever.

by the way; what was your approach?

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
there is no way that anyone can source a 2009 Xterra legally for 3500. none, whatsoever.

by the way; what was your approach?

I purchased it for 14500. My approach was its low season. Do you want to sit on this thing for four more months and then placed the 14k on his desk

Jan 9, 2004

Veh?culos de Motor

You pay 18% ITBIS and 17% first placa on the value of the vehicle as calculated by the tax authorities (use the website above). Plus you need to get the vehicle to the Island (transportation/insurance)....and you can be assured it is not $3,500.00 unless brought in with an exemption as a returning Dominican or as a new resident.

Then there is a profit margin for the dealer...unless, like many vehicles here, they are part of laundered money (ever wonder why there seems to be so many cars/car dealers in the DR).

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
I bought my F-150 four years ago the same way. FYI the dealer wasnt happy after our negotiation, couldn't even get a full tank of gas out of him lol.