Kia dealer

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Well, an old thread.
Some things MAY have changed. I seem to see a new wave of BIG billboard adds along Duarte Hwy (STI-SD) advertising KIA and a 100'000 km / 5 year warranty(?).
The name of the "dealer" escapes me... but it was one in Santo Domingo (I've driven past that billboard yesterday).

"Official" dealer? I don't know, but Kia Global does not list an official representation for the DR on their web site:
http://www.kia-global.com/

... J-D.

TheHun

May 4, 2008
I don't understand - based on DR road conditions and how good dominicans are with maintaining their vehicle - why would a manufacturer give more than 2 years of warranty??
Even with the long warranty you are stuck with the dealer to do the maintenance for high $$$ - since you don't have any alternative, meanwhile in the US any service center can do the maintenance - even yourself- you just need to back them up with receipts.
I guess after bad global economy and thousands of unsold vehicles they take their chances.

The Hun

Jan 9, 2004
Viamar...

Well, an old thread.
Some things MAY have changed. I seem to see a new wave of BIG billboard adds along Duarte Hwy (STI-SD) advertising KIA and a 100'000 km / 5 year warranty(?).
The name of the "dealer" escapes me... but it was one in Santo Domingo (I've driven past that billboard yesterday).

"Official" dealer? I don't know, but Kia Global does not list an official representation for the DR on their web site:
http://www.kia-global.com/

... J-D.

is the local Ford/Kia/Mazda representative.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I don't understand - based on DR road conditions and how good dominicans are with maintaining their vehicle - why would a manufacturer give more than 2 years of warranty??
Even with the long warranty you are stuck with the dealer to do the maintenance for high $$$ - since you don't have any alternative, meanwhile in the US any service center can do the maintenance - even yourself- you just need to back them up with receipts.
I guess after bad global economy and thousands of unsold vehicles they take their chances.

The Hun

Simple. Warranty is VOID if they skip scheduled maintenance at the "dealership". No tigueraje allowed.
I got 80'000 km/3 years on my Toyota at Delta. No issues... just got to keep up with scheduled maintenance every 5'000 km.

... J-D.