killing of police captain at La Caleta, by airport

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I'm not following this-the video was or was NOT of the incident following the murdered colonel in Boca Chica?

Who then were the people shot and ultimately killed from the video?

I am assuming that the colonel wasn't a stupid man. He must of known that the money, if he did go to retrieve it by himself, would of been under some type of guard and that those who had possession of the cash weren't going to just hand it over to someone not in uniform.

There seems to be more to this than meets the eye.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
My other question remains - why would UPS have US$400k of their own cash in their offices, without proper measures to protect it? They aren't doing that much daily business to justify that amount of cash onhand.

Maybe it was this money......................?? (taken from Friday's DR1 news)

US$569,000 in undeclared cash
Rafael Alberto Luciano Corominas was arrested on Wednesday evening at Las Americas International Airport after US$569,000 in undeclared cash was discovered on board a small airplane of his property that had flown in from Aguadillas, Puerto Rico. Also arrested were Juan Jose Martin Gomez Guichardo and pilot Luis Manuel Ovalles. A civil register officer for Boca Chica, Luciano is the son of the vice president of the Supreme Court of Justice, Judge Rafael Luciano Pichardo. Luciano Pichardo said his son told him he was unaware the money was being transported on the plane. "I have to answer only to my own personal matters, not for those of my sons," he said in a press conference he called at his Supreme Court office. As reported in El Caribe, the pilot, Ovalles, took full responsibility for the money contraband.
Customs Department (DGA) Miguel Cocco said on the Nuria y Huchi en CDN radio talk show that undeclared cash is routinely confiscated at the airport, but what is unusual in this case is the amount. A US$580,000 receipt came with the cash, thus Cocco says there could be US$11,000 missing. Cocco explained that the National Department for Drug Control passed the case onto the Customs Department when no narcotics were found on the plane. Cocco explained the case will be categorized as a money contraband case.

And more here
Due?o avi?n trajo los US$569 mil 012 s?lo va como 'testigo'

Video about the suspension here
JCE suspende a Luciano Corominas

lenny1

Apr 27, 2006
Can someone explain this to me? These young teenagers died at the hands of the police , but before dying they were beaten in a senless manner and thrown up on the pickup like dying cattles for robbing a supermarket ( A Colmado) ? I considered this petty crimes as long no one died in the robbery. From the press info on it, it appears that this incident WAS NOT related to the death of the Police leutenant in Boca Chica. In other words, this was an apparent petty robbery by these "thieves" . Here is my anger: Why does'nt police go and beat up ALL THE MAJOR POLITICAL individuals who are ROBBING the COUNTRY FUNDS BLINDS left and right in the billions and billions of US DOLLARS. The amount of corruption performed by these poiliticians could possibly qualify them for the death penalty at most and at least it could qualify them for hundreds of years enjailed . Injustice,injustice,injustice, always APPLIED to the poor and the working class of the nations first but never to the rich and powerfull. My apologies if I offended anyone.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Can someone explain this to me? These young teenagers died at the hands of the police , but before dying they were beaten in a senless manner and thrown up on the pickup like dying cattles for robbing a supermarket ( A Colmado) ? I considered this petty crimes as long no one died in the robbery. From the press info on it, it appears that this incident WAS NOT related to the death of the Police leutenant in Boca Chica. In other words, this was an apparent petty robbery by these "thieves" . Here is my anger: Why does'nt police go and beat up ALL THE MAJOR POLITICAL individuals who are ROBBING the COUNTRY FUNDS BLINDS left and right in the billions and billions of US DOLLARS. The amount of corruption performed by these poiliticians could possibly qualify them for the death penalty at most and at least it could qualify them for hundreds of years enjailed . Injustice,injustice,injustice, always APPLIED to the poor and the working class of the nations first but never to the rich and powerfull. My apologies if I offended anyone.

Sorry to inform you but robbery is not a petty crime. Robbery is one of the most violent acts that a human being can do to another human being. There is no justification for robbery. Criminals in the DR know the consequences when they commit crimes of that nature. They are in just as much danger of getting killed by civilians as they are by the police, if they are caught and resist. I am in no way justifying the killing of these individuals but hopefully a lesson was learned. Maybe some one will think twice before they decide to rob a colmado or commit a home invasion.

Fernandez

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
What are you trying to infer by this statement?

Having the experience of both, clearly the Dominican Republic is by far more alike to the general chaos /governmental /socio political and the like of most of the sub developed African nations than any other region. If you thought it to be due to the Black ethnicity, no - sorry. It has to do with the socio-economic society that commands and destroys according to the group in power. With a rediculously shameful committment to education, the nation will continue to fall behind - while the young have incredible potential that needs to be satisfied differently.

This is the general sence that leads me to associate the country to Africa.
The sorry failed state of its neighbour and the pressures that flow to the DR as a result add to the overall impression that there is a serious brew boiling.

If you have read my postings, you will not that despite all this I am generally optimistic that the future will be better...

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Having the experience of both, clearly the Dominican Republic is by far more alike to the general chaos /governmental /socio political and the like of most of the sub developed African nations than any other region. If you thought it to be due to the Black ethnicity, no - sorry. It has to do with the socio-economic society that commands and destroys according to the group in power. With a rediculously shameful committment to education, the nation will continue to fall behind - while the young have incredible potential that needs to be satisfied differently.

This is the general sence that leads me to associate the country to Africa.
The sorry failed state of its neighbour and the pressures that flow to the DR as a result add to the overall impression that there is a serious brew boiling.

If you have read my postings, you will not that despite all this I am generally optimistic that the future will be better...

You just described the "Democracies" of almost all of Latin America and some big kahuna in a limited sense...

The whole issue regarding thieves (Ladrones) is that they WILL kill without any regard to age/gender/social distinctions.

Those "young" men that got imparted Police "Justice" were no angels...
If the Police had not presented themselves as they did, the mob would have done the job the same or even using torture to death.

They got caught by the angry mob, tired of being victims of these varmints that affects all the aspects of living in the DR.

Back in Trujillo?s days there were no thieves, simply because they never had a chance to repeat their evils.

Fernandez: If the DR is not any different from most sub developed African nations, then by all means make your home there... PLATANO! PLEAZE!!!:tired:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Those "young" men that got imparted Police "Justice" were no angels...
If the Police had not presented themselves as they did, the mob would have done the job the same or even using torture to death.
The police admitted that the four men killed in La Caleta were innocent bystanders.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
The "kids" I was referring to are the ones that got "arrested" on Charles De Gaulle, not the ones in La Caleta; which btw I believe was in fact another mob on the action...

Sadly, the so called "civilian's justice" came to be the catalytic that brought about the deadly ends to all these individuals.