Kindle Readers!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Im still using my kindle 3G and I love it. I bought the leather cover with the built in light and it's great at nite in DR. Its also great to read at the beach - son bought the Fire and he says it's not good at the beach, so he borrows mine.

Have an iPad too but Kindle so much easier for me to read on because just click with the thumb instead of swiping
The Fire is more of a multi-media player & browser than an eReader. Many root their Kindle and put pure Android ICS on it. Of course you lose the warranty and can't access the Amazon store, although I've read some have partitions for both.

The price is low because Amazon wants you to join their movie/entertainment service. I doubt they make a dime on the device. Same with their reader. They want you to buy books...which I do.

BeaverMan

Sep 12, 2012
+1 to the kindle keyboard with 3g circa late 2011 build date. Long battery life (weeks), easy to read in the sun, and free lifetime simple internet with whisper 3g connection. Used it to very slowly check email and download periodicals in a few different countries gratis. Only place i havent been able to get a connection is Habana for obvious reasons.

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
+1 to the kindle keyboard with 3g circa late 2011 build date. Long battery life (weeks), easy to read in the sun, and free lifetime simple internet with whisper 3g connection......

Ditto here. Hardly ever recharge and books download in less than a minute even in the campo. Easy to read, light weight and free comms.

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Oh yes, we do use my HD one for music.. we plug it into the TV and listen to our music through the TV.. No idea why my husband does this, but it sounds clearer than the stereo, I guess.. no idea.