Krispy Kreme - Santo Domingo

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
BTW, my "fresh" donuts were cold....as in verrrry cold. The girl swore they were freshly made, and that any donuts left over at night are thrown away. I mentioned that the box was cold, but she insisted they were freshly made.

The beginning of the end.....only a matter of time.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
The beginning of the end.....only a matter of time.

went there yesterday for third time...still fairly packed with families and school kids...donuts coming off belt,hot and good...employee giving free donuts to people in line as they wait....as far as opening at 7am,have ever tried to get any
company anywhere in world before they open?????impossible...even on line...

so 7 is 7...

bob

jerseygirl22

Jan 6, 2009
I finally went last night. The line wasn't that big since it was 11:30 PM but i decided to go through the drive thru which took about 20 minutes. when i tried to order a box of original glazed i was told they ran out (which is understandable considering the time), so i ordered a few mixed ones. They were rather cold (also understandable), but still really good! I'll try to stop by at a more decent time next time.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I drove past at around 11pm tonight, the place was jammed!!!
Line on Churchill for the drive thru and lots of people inside.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
So........... I sit there for a couple of minutes(it was 10 to 7 when I arrived), and realizing the absurdity of the situation, ask the girl if there's a manager. She replies yes, so I ask if I can talk to that person.

Haven't you learn't after all these years that often absurdity is normal here and common sense is, well.... lets not get into that right now.

I may try Sunday morning to try and finally get a donut without standing in line. Fortunately they are 2 mins from my place.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
donut_man.gif

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
jdjones, i am sorry but i would do the same. i really do get pi**ed of when we are closing (way past 10pm) and people want to come in to buy stuff. miesposo always serves them but i look at them with real hatred. i also want to go home and rest, you m******f***er, come tomorrow! :(
and in the subject of KK, miesposo was in SD yesterday and he bought original glazed and mixed, god, are they good!

ps MF is not directed at jdjones but at our late customers, may their willies dry and fall off....

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I went inside today and there were like 35 people in line to buy donuts. After seeing the line was not advancing, I decided to leave.
AZB

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I went inside today and there were like 35 people in line to buy donuts. After seeing the line was not advancing, I decided to leave.
AZB

You would think with that much business that they would put on a couple of more people and another register. Amazing how they can be so smart in their product and so dumb about their counter help.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Aren't some cash registers programmed to be functional at a set time and even if the staff wanted, they couldn't ring up the sale.

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
1/2 dozen of one and 1/2 dozen of the other

i can understand the frustration of gettin therte early and having to wait and i can understand the frustration with gettin there late and not getting in.

the thing is that the parameters are set for a reason...
if we start to change the structure then it becomes loose with NO CONTROL

tomorrow i decide to wait for the last minute to do my banking and they say no...
why not just let me in this one time?...:)..
then the next person wants and the next and so on

when you are on the otherside of the scale ...
i've been here all day and dead tired...i just want to go home ...
they had lots of time to to get here and do business....
why are they holding me up from enjoying what's left of my day?

the days of the ma and pa stores as we knew them are long gone...
one of the prices we pay for civilization

anyone here really want to work 8hrs AND 15mins,. for an 8 hour job?

i agree that it's nice for the customer to get these small priviledges..
but if you really think aboiut it...your asking for more than is required :)

Reactions: AlterEgo

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
On the other hand, maybe the staff doesn't start getting paid until 7 am.
The time they are there before 7 is considered non paying time,
(setting up for the day)...

Exxtol

Jun 27, 2005
I finally made it to Krispy Kreme this morning to get my "FRESH" donuts

AARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

One of the things that constantly irritate and amuse me is the mindset of hourly employees.

I drove by this morning to buy some donuts. (they "open" at 7 am, btw).

Hourly workers are typically underpaid and have to deal with a lot of crap. Also, its normally company policy (especially for a franchise) to not open before official open. Rules are very strict and regimented. If it wasn't 7 then they technically weren't open!

Reactions: woofsback

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M2IJgGo0a8I?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M2IJgGo0a8I?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i often do not even look at the register myslef, to be honest. if i have a line of people and someone only wants one 10 pesos pill i give them a pill, take 10 pesos and register it when i can. but then we run a small business and i can do whatever i want. i think big franchises (or whatever the spelling) have strict rules. you fail to respect them? you are out.
so jd, have mercy for the girl. after all she works in the temple of temptation all they long. no wonder her temper is short :)

one more miesposo's trip to SD and 3 more boxes of donas. boy oh boy, i am happy :)
poor soul took 4pm metro instead of 2pm, just so he could get me some KK. i'm in love :)

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
My friends brought me a box (12) of original glaze and they were soooo good.
I am already 35 pounds overweight, I see obesity right around the corner.
I wonder what I will stop eating to make up the difference?
The fried chicken, nope. The chivo, nope, homemade mashed potatoes with butter and cream, nope. I know, the diet coke, yep, that's the ticket.