La Boca -Gone!

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
which side of the river is this happening as to me it is not clear either? The La Boca I know and visit regurlarly is accessed via the turn to Paraiso del Sol or through Jardin Deportivo? Is this the place that has been demolished or is it on the other side of the river mouth?

I believe you have the right place. I get turned around out there but I think it would be on the West? side of the river, or the side closest to Cabarete. I go past Paiaiso del Sol to get to it.

bob

sicknote

Jun 9, 2009
La Boca is still open,,,,,Wilson has his boat and he is working as we speak on a second boat with a floating kitchen,,,,we was there on sunday as normal , obviously the restaraunts have gone but food is still available, beer is still cold and people are still turning up........the more who go and show support the more wilsons fight isn't in vain,,,,,the local dogs still need feeding too,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,see you next week,,,,,:classic:

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Any updates on La Boca? So many rumors about who destroyed the restaurants. Was it a Russian developer or Canadian? Did authorities get the owners of the restaurants any compensation. It is such a shame such a charming icon of local culture was sseemingly ruined by gringo greed.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
A Canadian represents the purchasers, whose nationality I have no idea. I don't see what difference that makes anyway.
Restaurant owners were compensated, per one of those whose place was leveled. He's already up and going again but in a more rustic way. Visitors still seem to still really like it.