LA MULATA road, a nightmare !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flo

Apr 11, 2006
never said the schools should pay more, just an equal share based on there usage, as it is obvious that all the cars per day do a lot more damage to pickup there kids then i do with my little car going up and down once per day.

as i said im more then willing to pay whatever needs to be paid to get the road fixed.
as long as whoever will recollect these funds has a plan that makes sense and can explain costs, shares etc.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
never said the schools should pay more, just an equal share based on there usage, as it is obvious that all the cars per day do a lot more damage to pickup there kids then i do with my little car going up and down once per day.
First of all, you did not say that.
What you said was that the school paid nothing, and you said it twice, even after Campesina made it clear that the school did pay.
Where I come from, that's called a lie, both for saying that you said something that you did not, plus accusing the school of not paying, when in fact, they did.

the schools have never done anything, the worst is the international school with tons of money and resources,

flo

Apr 11, 2006
im sorry if what i wrote was missunderstood, all i was trying to say is that in the past 4 years i have been living in la mulata i have not seen any serious action taken by any group

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
In the past 4 years, there have been numerous meetings, announced by persons risking being run off the road trying to pass out flyers, and signs posted on the road. In my opinion, many people who didn't attend any of the meetings, and obviously you haven"t, flo, were maybe afraid they might have to contribute. So, if you stay away, no one can make you pay. Any one of you, if you haven't attended every meeting, you should be ashamed to complain, now.

Also, if you had been attending the last and most productive meetings, announced by signs on the road, you would know the progress that has been made by the recent support of the mayor. Without his support and direction, we would not be able to even come close to a solution.

As it stands, a couple of people have been working very, very hard to come up with a fair plan for the real estate agencies, schools, businesses and Las Canas to pay for the majority of the road. The government is paying a small portion, as well, leaving a much smaller amount for each homeowner to have to pay. I am hoping, in the end, when we have a NEW road, the loudest complainers will come forward with their thanks by paying their fair share in a timely manner.

In the past, many volunteered their time to work toward a solution, but were rewarded with petty bickering and demands and nothing was accomplished. Let's be positive this time and support those who are volunteering now. This is our last shot. If we fail now, the road is dead and it is every man for himself. Then what?

I am certainly not speaking in any official capacity, but I will be happy to discuss progress with anyone wishing to come to me and ask what is going on.

I truly believe we are now on the right track and that it will come together in the next month or month and a half. Wish us luck and we will give it our best; grumble, complain and wait for the other guy to do something and we'll quit and let you do it.

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
as i say, i have not payed any fees nor has anyone i know, because of the lack to recollect these funds.

Does this mean you have been sitting waiting for someone else to take the initiative? It is very easy to blow off steam on a message board but perhaps the more responsible action, since this is a problem you seem to be experiencing, would be to organise a get-together of other sufferers of the same problem so that you all might plan what to do? If there is a Junta de Vecinos you could approach the Secretary to call an unusual general meeting, for example.

Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold - but so does a hard-boiled egg.

P.S. Just seen Campesina's post. Now there IS a responsible person. Well done! My stuff about Junta de Vecinos etc can be ignored (posting the same time as you, Campesina).

flo

Apr 11, 2006
my husband and i are just hoping for the best and we are willing to volunteer on any way we can, please pm me if there is anything that could be done.

i think it would be very helpful and interesting for all of us, if those with contacts could post some status on the road situation from time to time

Mu?ecote

Aug 1, 2006
as a renter in la mulata i cant believe the road is as bad as it is however my rent hasnt gone up in about 2 years so im pretty thankful. i hope the road stays as bad as it is because some of the properties up here are worth alot more than they are getting so i hope the road committee keeps meeting but doing nothing because i missed out on a great buying opportunity in the last few years.

trust me at the next road committee the margarita's are on me as long as you promise not to do anything to improve the road. i really dont want to pay 750 usd a month so lets drink up:laugh:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
as a renter in la mulata i cant believe the road is as bad as it is however my rent hasnt gone up in about 2 years so im pretty thankful. i hope the road stays as bad as it is because some of the properties up here are worth alot more than they are getting so i hope the road committee keeps meeting but doing nothing because i missed out on a great buying opportunity in the last few years.

trust me at the next road committee the margarita's are on me as long as you promise not to do anything to improve the road. i really dont want to pay 750 usd a month so lets drink up:laugh:
I have to commend you for being honest enough to say it like it is.
I would agree that it's better to live on a bad road in a nice apartment/house for a given price, than the reverse.

Mark835

Nov 28, 2005
Toll Road

Well done Judy, Las Canas in general and everyone that has volunteered there time to tackle a very difficult issue. How about we block the road of, put up a gate and charge a few Pesos for using it I would be more the willing to pay up, it works over here in the UK.A last resort but an ideal if all else fails.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Eye witness account ....

I've lived for some years at the top of the LM road. The most damage to the road is actually caused by sitting water that is then churned and ground by passing trucks. Until VERY recently La Mulata was not attached in any way to the mains water supply and all that changed when Century 21 started the International Village project and took the mains from the street opposite the Sosua Carwash all the way up, past the school to their new project.

Nearly all the damage to the road outside the school was caused by water from the burst main inside International Village that was allowed to flow down the street for many, many days before anyone did anything about it. I would think that if you blame C21, they will say it's the responsibility of the water company and vice versa. But in the meantime it just wasn't repaired.

I wouldn't say the school is completely blameless either because sometimes their own water system does also overflow down the road to exactly the same place (which is a small dip in the street) where it accumulates, but only on a tiny scale when compared to the mains leak.

The other really bad bit at the first corner close to New Life School was also caused by water. This time by residents of La Mulata 1 who hooked up to the new supply line in a cheap-as-you-can, amateurish way. Countless times I've seen their stupid little 1" pipes on the surface of the road spewing water in all directions because they only buried them a couple of inches underground and big trucks have churned up the ground and broken them.

As an aside, and although I haven't attended meetings recently due to family commitments, I can say that whenever I have been to road meetings, both Century 21 and LM1 residents have not been in attendance.

On a broader note, I can state from experience that road repairs are expensive and a number of residents are going to be in for a bit of a surprise if they think someone is going to drop in on them jangling a bucket asking for small change. The road outside my house was being washed away and so instead of contributing to the last round of donations (I think I was asked to donate $500) I took it upon myself to fix my stretch of road. I easily spent more than $500 just repairing one side, and of course, now it is apparent that the other side needs repairing too, so thats another six or seven hundred dollars worth, while all the while others bicker about paying anything at all, and I can tell you that I'm absolutely sure that I am not even in the top 20 names of people who have generously donated.

I believe the solution is days away and it's going to be quite a wake-up call to some of the irresponsible owners. If I were one of those people who just let THEIR water destroy tens of thousands of dollars worth of other peoples property then I'd be making sure everything is repaired properly right now. Furthermore, if I was one of those people who thinks it's OK to dig a trench from one side of the road to the other and then not even back-fill it properly, then sit back and watch a stretch of road covering several square meters deteriorate to a mud bath I'd be getting rather nervous because I'm sure that the powers that be will come down on you folks extra hard.

Bring it on - That's what I say but I'm sure that EACH and EVERY resident is not going to see much change from $1000 US.

dreamsource

Jul 29, 2007
Bring it On!

I was fortunate to speak with Campesina about this 2 weeks ago and get the details of the proposal to rebuild La Mulata.
It seems well thought out, fair, and affordable. Kudos to all for their perseverance!
Looking forward to contributing, and to the results.:bunny:

flo

Apr 11, 2006
update please

can anyone give us some details about what and when something is going to happen to the la mulata road.

Unfortunately again it is in a very very bad condition, yes of course it rained a lot, but work has stopped for at least one month or even more now.

the saddest thing is that the road was actually ready to be asphalted, what happend then ?!

please dont say they are waiting for the raining season to be over, because they already passed a couple of seasons.

carl.r

Oct 22, 2007
i thought work was supposed to have started on the la mulata road 5 months ago, not just filling in the pot holes but the road was supposed to be totally resurfaced with street lights and a "gurantee", residents and businesses that use the la mulata road where to contribute, along with a contribution from the local government... what exactly happened does anyone know, the last meeting i went to was about feb time.

Mar 2, 2008
If I may, a couple of questions for SKY and Badpiece,

I am not personally involved in this matter, and I have no vested interest, one way or the other, but I think the ramifications of this project and its outcome are huge, and the implications affect everyone in the area. So I hope you don't mind my asking.

It is obvious both of you are very concerned about the completion of the road and about the money involved, as you certainly should be, and have a perfect right to be.

My questions pertain to your open speculation about what might have happened to bring the project to a halt, and the whereabouts of the money.

Do you know specifically why work stopped on the project and who authorized the stoppage?

Is the money still in the special account, and if not, have the three required signers been asked what became of it?

Have city officials commented on any of this?

Have those who were contracted to do the work been questioned as to why work was stopped and about the funding issues? How much have they been paid to date?

You both seem to be insinuating that the property manager is somehow responsible. Is this really your suspicion, or or you just choosing the easiest target to hit? I know that sounds rather biased, but I would really like to know if you are accusing that person of misuse of funds or some other crime.

And finally, what is it that you want done (by any of the parties involved) at this point? In other words, who do you think is accountable for what, and how will you go about holding them to that accountability?

Thank you. I look forward to your responses.

nohotnocold

Aug 7, 2006
Geez guys, beating up and trying to denigrate Judy (Campesina)?
What has she ever done to you badpiece, or sky? Oh yes, she got rid of Patrick and is further trying to clean up the neighborhood by getting rid of sky. Neither of the two guys have any vested interest in Las Canas or La Mulata other than personal vendetta. And neither gave any money to the road project.
Now carl.r is a different story, he lives in the area and was asked to pay but so far he's done nothing even though he stands to gain because he lives in Villas Karibik. Nothing new there as few in Villas Karibik did anything proactive, they just sit and complain. That puts additional burden on those of us that did pay in an attempt to have better facilities.
Catcherintherye, think about the laggards and complainers as compared to the doers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
nohotnocold, you took the words out of my mouth.
Judy has done an outstanding job at Las Canas and been the driving force getting the road fixed etc etc. Some people do, others bitch and moan, that's life.

This thread will be closed until I get a response from Judy.

Status
Not open for further replies.