La Sirena Sosua??

msmfgf

Jul 12, 2013
at least shoppers wont have to run the amet gauntlet every time they buy groceries like they do at playero.

amet wont go that far away from the food van lol

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
And the Valconi's are ripping people off each and every day. Go there and check your favorite items and don't be surprised if you see a large price increase since you last purchased them. I purchased one of my favorite butters 2 weeks ago at 90 pesos, I was there last week to purchase another, now 130 pesos. The same goes with one of the cleaning products I usually purchase, was 180 pesos now 225 pesos...please don't come back to me saying this is the cost of importing products!! And the other thing I hate, their customer service....it does not exist. If there is an error in the pricing and the item comes out more than it should, tough luck. Try and get a hello and a smile out of most of the cashiers...I force them to say hello to me out of principle. Their packers are more interested in talking to the packer on the next aisle and their cashier supervisors are miserable as sin, as are their security that follow you around the store...never, "hello sir, are you managing to find everything you need?"....seriously, their customer service sucks and they obviously don't receive any training. This is a shame as the potential could be so much higher and they would get more support from us all, especially with a large company such as La Sirena coming to town. I lost faith in Playero years ago and they have done absolutely nothing positive for me to regain their faith and unfortunately I will be one of the many that will go to La Sirena out of principle.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
If principles are driving your shopping habits, why do you shop there at all? Productos Sosua, local veggie markets, Janet's, local butchers and bakeries, not to mention corner colmados. There are plenty of alternatives, especially for principled individuals.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I purchase my vegetable from Luis's fruit stand opposite Perdomo Plaza, I purchase my meats from Bavaria butcher next to Sosua Ocean Village, my bread from Moser's bakery, I visit numerous different colmados including the one right in front of my house and I shop frequently at Productos Sosua so I do support various different locations but my point is that Playero jack their prices up on a regular basis and their customer service is the worst in the area. If they actually did something about this then they would have a lot more dedicated clientele. I go there as they carry many items that other places do not, but I certainly do not do my main shopping there.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I purchase my vegetable from Luis's fruit stand opposite Perdomo Plaza, I purchase my meats from Bavaria butcher next to Sosua Ocean Village, my bread from Moser's bakery, I visit numerous different colmados including the one right in front of my house and I shop frequently at Productos Sosua so I do support various different locations but my point is that Playero jack their prices up on a regular basis and their customer service is the worst in the area. If they actually did something about this then they would have a lot more dedicated clientele. I go there as they carry many items that other places do not, but I certainly do not do my main shopping there.

tee, that is similar to what we do. We only go to Playero when we need something they have that is not available elsewhere. And I agree on your assessment of the place.

And the Valconi's are ripping people off each and every day. Go there and check your favorite items and don't be surprised if you see a large price increase since you last purchased them. I purchased one of my favorite butters 2 weeks ago at 90 pesos, I was there last week to purchase another, now 130 pesos. The same goes with one of the cleaning products I usually purchase, was 180 pesos now 225 pesos...please don't come back to me saying this is the cost of importing products!! And the other thing I hate, their customer service....it does not exist. If there is an error in the pricing and the item comes out more than it should, tough luck. Try and get a hello and a smile out of most of the cashiers...I force them to say hello to me out of principle. Their packers are more interested in talking to the packer on the next aisle and their cashier supervisors are miserable as sin, as are their security that follow you around the store...never, "hello sir, are you managing to find everything you need?"....seriously, their customer service sucks and they obviously don't receive any training. This is a shame as the potential could be so much higher and they would get more support from us all, especially with a large company such as La Sirena coming to town. I lost faith in Playero years ago and they have done absolutely nothing positive for me to regain their faith and unfortunately I will be one of the many that will go to La Sirena out of principle.

I agree with you on all of this!
The security following me around non stop DRIVES ME INSANE!!!
We only go for certain things.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
The security following me around non stop DRIVES ME INSANE!!!

a while ago i decided to see what the rave was all about and went to playero when i was in sosua. since then i have visited few times, each time because i was in the area. all this because they sell sauerkraut :)

in any case, i was never followed by security, sadly. am i losing my edge? DID I START TO LOOK RESPECTABLE?! :(

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
a while ago i decided to see what the rave was all about and went to playero when i was in sosua. since then i have visited few times, each time because i was in the area. all this because they sell sauerkraut :)

in any case, i was never followed by security, sadly. am i losing my edge? DID I START TO LOOK RESPECTABLE?! :(

Try it again after you get some head to toe tattoos....:rambo:

They do have a thing for people with tats i guess as my wife gets followed too. She gets followed a lot b/c of her blonde hair and blue eyes though i think.

I don't know where they think i am going to put these stolen items since I wear the least amount of clothes as possible since I am so HOT all the time!!

msmfgf

Jul 12, 2013
playero is what it is, but pop & back is 2 hours from sosua, running the gauntlet of bandits in & out of uniform, a bunch of gas & raised blood pressure when you cant find what you want in those 3 supermarkets as well lol.

i came here to chill!!!!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Should be open soon. A ton of workers there now with what looks like finishing touches.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Go ahead naysayers and call me Mary Poppins but I have had positive experiences at Playero. I asked for cottage cheese and they stock it, I smile & greet the floorwalkers and cashiers by name and they warmly greet me. Last time there was a downpour,the bagger stopped under the pergola and got an umbrella to get me to my car. Back in supermarkets in New England, none of these would happen. I've had errors on my order and called the front store manager over who corrected the error on the spot.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Go ahead naysayers and call me Mary Poppins but I have had positive experiences at Playero. I asked for cottage cheese and they stock it, I smile & greet the floorwalkers and cashiers by name and they warmly greet me. Last time there was a downpour,the bagger stopped under the pergola and got an umbrella to get me to my car. Back in supermarkets in New England, none of these would happen. I've had errors on my order and called the front store manager over who corrected the error on the spot.

Couldn't agree more.

I wondered who to thank for the 2% cottage cheese, which I am enjoying some of at least 3 times a week. Thanks, Abuela.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Glad to help Ken

I wondered who to thank for the 2% cottage cheese, which I am enjoying some of at least 3 times a week. Thanks, Abuela.[/QUOTE]

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

we have nothing but pleasant experiences at Playero....
I'll look forward to the cottage cheese...:))