Land for Sale in Villa Mella, Santo Domingo North

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
clean up the property, like in the backyard, remove that plants and make it nicer, install nice porch and fix the front of the house little then maybe price can be set for $600-700k RD
Anyone feel free to point me wrong, but I agree with the OP regarding selling land vs property. In this case, the object is land, so it's practically irrelevant what's on the property (unless it's something extreme, which costs a lot to remove) and what matters is the infrastructure in the area and the location of the property, together with the size obviously. So any plants already there are not important as the new owner may do with those as they please. If it was sold as a house with garden, it would be a different story.

Case in point, my FIL purchased an investment property about a decade ago. The land in fact had a livable house built on it, but the object to be sold was not a house, but a land/solar, due to the condition of the house. My FIL tore it half-way down (the walls were good, nothing else) and built new. Also, the price of the property was not according to the condition of the house, but as per the location and size of the solar.

Reactions: cavok

libre.loqui

Apr 20, 2024
Panama City
Your writing has me thinking. For quiet time, growing plants, and being near Mother Earth, the inner Cities are with limitations. From your writing I did begin to observe the area of solar.

libre.loqui

Apr 20, 2024
Panama City
Thank you, Josh, there are differences between land and property. When your writing I did read there came a memory about the house is not the same as a home.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
While 378 sq. mt. is a fairly decent size to build a house, look at Google Earth to see where it is. It is literally out in the middle of nowhere near La Victoria.
I'm curious to know how the OP ended up with that plot of land.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
While 378 sq. mt. is a fairly decent size to build a house, look at Google Earth to see where it is. It is literally out in the middle of nowhere near La Victoria.
I'm curious to know how the OP ended up with that plot of land.
I just checked the location. I know the area (on the way when we head from the capital to the campo of my MIL), and therefore I did not realize it would be this far from the city. So while I'm no expert on real-estate pricing at the moment, if the OP is selling the land for (or wants for it) 1,4 million, once it's developed, are the houses in that area really that expensive nowadays? Would it not cost at least close to 3 million after development? I mean, it could be as it's still somewhat close to the capital, but still?

eekappa619

Jul 6, 2024
New York
I just checked the location. I know the area (on the way when we head from the capital to the campo of my MIL), and therefore I did not realize it would be this far from the city. So while I'm no expert on real-estate pricing at the moment, if the OP is selling the land for (or wants for it) 1,4 million, once it's developed, are the houses in that area really that expensive nowadays? Would it not cost at least close to 3 million after development? I mean, it could be as it's still somewhat close to the capital, but still?
If you are interested, do not forget to make an offer. It seems you have vision.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
by reputation, the most dangerous neighborhood, ?

Absolutely not. The most dangerous barrio is probably La 42, even the police won't go in there. And then you have La Cienaga and Los Guandules, those are pretty no-go areas. Maybe Gualey as well. Villa Mella isn't too bad, lots of middle-class Dominicans live there, it is a way out of town but it has the metro so you can get to other places reasonably quickly.