Las Canas 'Buddy can you spare a chat"

Status
Not open for further replies.

njm

Jul 27, 2006
Just now saw you posting. We are not in the DR now but we have had a home there for 15 years. I sent you a PM so if you want to talk about the happenings in Las Canas, email me. Its a great place to be in the DR. Wonderful beach and people!!

abe

Jan 2, 2002
I know exactly where you are going to be and I knew the unfortunate murder victim who lived there for a long time before he met the business end of a machete or two.

With all due respect, why don't you rent a car and get mobile? If you are looking at a property, you will be well-served being able to get around and check out everything. If you are going to rely on the agents, seller, whomever to drive you around, you might miss seeing the things that you should see to make an informed decision.

I do understand the potential for isolation given a language barrier and no internet, but that all would seem to enter into your decision making process re: the property.

Good luck.

jaypeegee

Sep 4, 2010
Down Las Canas beach road

Thanks for the adivice re the car.....I was already down there for three days and I had a car during that period so I did quite a lot of checking out then, hence I have a good idea of area.

I haven't ruled our getting a car when I go back down....just haven't got round to doing anything about it yet.

It's a good thing I already knew about the machette incident...otherwise I would be truly spooked eh!!! not exactly the kind of thing that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.