Laser Eye Surgery

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
How can people say its painless??? I had Lasik done on my eyes (not in DR) and it was painful as hell! Not during operation (operation is scary experience too, its like your eye is being opened with a can-opener) but like 20 mins after! My god, i could not open my eyes, felt like they will fall out, very very bad feeling, which luckily lasts only for 1 day. So best way is to do operation in the evening so you can fall asleep asap and wake up brand new!

fulanita

Feb 10, 2010
anyone know if I get an eye exam here and prescription for glasses can I order the contacts online like 1800-contacts. do they accept the spanish doc prescription?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
How can people say its painless??? I had Lasik done on my eyes (not in DR) and it was painful as hell! Not during operation (operation is scary experience too, its like your eye is being opened with a can-opener) but like 20 mins after! My god, i could not open my eyes, felt like they will fall out, very very bad feeling, which luckily lasts only for 1 day. So best way is to do operation in the evening so you can fall asleep asap and wake up brand new!
I had LASIK and never felt a thing.

Jan 17, 2009
I had LASIK and never felt a thing.

I didn't feel a thing either, although I was expecting some horrible itching. I was told that people with dry eyes suffer a lot with a sand-like feeling in their eyes after Lasik. It didn't happen. It was very fast and painless. Had it done in the US. Not a very lasting procedure; I guess age is a factor. Just two years after surgery, I started feeling like I needed glasses for driving. It's been five years now and I've wearing glasses to drive for a while.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I didn't feel a thing either, although I was expecting some horrible itching. I was told that people with dry eyes suffer a lot with a sand-like feeling in their eyes after Lasik. It didn't happen. It was very fast and painless. Had it done in the US. Not a very lasting procedure; I guess age is a factor. Just two years after surgery, I started feeling like I needed glasses for driving. It's been five years now and I've wearing glasses to drive for a while.
Hadmine in late '01 @ 49. Over 10 years later and I'm still 20/15. I had to wear readers then when tired and still do now.

It was a life-changer for me.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net

I had Lasik done at the Bascom Palmer Institute in Miami, about 15 years ago, and I only felt a little pain during the operation maybe like an ice cream headache for about 3 minutes.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
I had Lasik done at the Bascom Palmer Institute in Miami, about 15 years ago, and I only felt a little pain during the operation maybe like an ice cream headache for about 3 minutes.

Question is: are you still 20/20 after 15 years?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
yes, I still have 20/20 in normal day light conditions but at night my eye sight does not feel 100% (driving, lights, but maybe this is normal, not sure) and also I think I will need reading glasses soon, as I cannot read things up very close to my eyes (less than 10 inches or very very small print).

Currently, I have no problems reading books with normal size fonts at normal distance away from me.

I was told (by Bascom Palmer Institute) that if you get Lasik to correct bad long distance vision, that you will need reading glasses sooner in life than if you didnt' get lasik.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
LASIK does nothing for presbyopia. Folks should know that going in. LASIK recurves the cornea and does nothing for the flexibility of the lens.

Apples and oranges.

FTR, I was 20/400-450 with 3+ diopters of astigmatism before surgery, 20/15 with none after. Amazing. The FAA approves LASIK for pilots, and I was a very active pilot when I had mine done.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
yes, I still have 20/20 in normal day light conditions but at night my eye sight does not feel 100% (driving, lights, but maybe this is normal, not sure) and also I think I will need reading glasses soon, as I cannot read things up very close to my eyes (less than 10 inches or very very small print).

Currently, I have no problems reading books with normal size fonts at normal distance away from me.

I was told (by Bascom Palmer Institute) that if you get Lasik to correct bad long distance vision, that you will need reading glasses sooner in life than if you didnt' get lasik.

Okay thanks.

I only ask because I?ve heard that you begin to lose any benefit from the surgery after a while, In onther words, after some time you will need glasses again.

At the ripe old age of 40 I?ve put off the surgery thinking that its really not worth the effort if you will need to use glasses within a year or so.