Last forum post for me!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
It is with mixed emotions that I post this entry, my last post on this forum. My wife Pat and I look at life as a series of adventures and we embarked on our current adventure, to live in the Dominican Republic, nearly 15 years ago. We came here with the intention of staying here for 10 years or so before moving on to the next adventure. Well, it has been nearly 15 terrific years since we landed here and it is now time to move on and leave the DR.

So, we are ready to start the next adventure of our lives together. We have sold our villa and many of you may already know that we bought a Motor Home about 3 years ago and have been taking extended trips in the US in it. Starting now and for the next few years, or until one of us has had enough, we will be homeless or actually “houseless” and be touring the US and Canada full time in the motor home. There are so many places we want to see and so much we want to do.

Until our paths cross again……….Hasta Pronto

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
It is with mixed emotions that I post this entry, my last post on this forum. My wife Pat and I look at life as a series of adventures and we embarked on our current adventure, to live in the Dominican Republic, nearly 15 years ago. We came here with the intention of staying here for 10 years or so before moving on to the next adventure. Well, it has been nearly 15 terrific years since we landed here and it is now time to move on and leave the DR.

So, we are ready to start the next adventure of our lives together. We have sold our villa and many of you may already know that we bought a Motor Home about 3 years ago and have been taking extended trips in the US in it. Starting now and for the next few years, or until one of us has had enough, we will be homeless or actually “houseless” and be touring the US and Canada full time in the motor home. There are so many places we want to see and so much we want to do.

Until our paths cross again……….Hasta Pronto
Congrats and smooth roads. Was on my bucket list but time changes that.

Reactions: Michael DR

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That only took about 6 years, or was it more, to sell?

Congratulations on eventually selling it and living the dream of wandering gypsies traversing the continent of North America.

(I guess there will be no response on the time it took to sell, because the first post in this thread was also the last post by Bob,,
And so it goes. )

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Best of luck in your new adventure, please stop in from time to time and let us know how you’re doing. If you find yourself near the South Jersey Shore, stop in for an espresso. ☕️

Reactions: melphis

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Best of luck in your new adventure, please stop in from time to time and let us know how you’re doing. If you find yourself near the South Jersey Shore, stop in for an espresso. ☕️
Where in south Jersey. I lived in beach haven for a bit.

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
Good luck and may your dreams keep coming true! :D

Were you the Bob involved in the accounting/bookkeeping for a rather large Hotel, and restaurants, in Sosua?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Congratulations on your plans finally coming together and starting a new adventure. We are less than a year behind you. Sold our property here but will be back in October to avoid the Canadian winter and finish some business After that its anyone's guess where will go. The wife is not into RV's so maybe another tropical island or a series of cruise ships.

Best of luck to you and you wife and safe travels👍👍

• Love
Reactions: AlaPlaya

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Did he give you permission to speak for him ?
It is common knowledge what Bob did. He volunteered here as a Doctor in the DR. He helped set up the operating rooms at CMC in Cabarete. If he is offended, I am sure he will let me know. I spoke to him today. I was one of the people that helped him when he settled here, so please get over it. It is after all, a PUBLIC FORUM!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jinty05

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Wishing you the Best of Luck in your New Adventures .. Sounds like a Great Plan ..

Beach Haven you say ? ... Love that part of the Island .. College Summers stomping grounds .. Remember the Ketch , The Acme Bar, ahhh those Pitchers of Beer . .. going back a ways .. Good times in that Town . is that where you practiced ?
All the best to you and your Mrs ..

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
Congratulations of following your dreams. Happy & Safe Travels Always!

Status
Not open for further replies.