Laughable price for 90 inch TV at PriceSmart

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Why would anyone get 3D TVs in DR? Does any channels in DR broadcasting anything in 3D? At this point I am even skeptical if Claro is broadcasting anything over 720p.

In the US, nothing is broadcasted in 3D, as far as I know. You basically have to get everything via DVD/Blue Ray.

You can get HD signal here in the DR, though.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
In plain english they pay bribes to politicos to gain favor, that's how this country runs " no ticky no washy ".

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I was in a client's office yesterday, where the owner was seriously considering buying this TV.

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
In the US, nothing is broadcasted in 3D, as far as I know. You basically have to get everything via DVD/Blue Ray.

You can get HD signal here in the DR, though.

Some 3D smart TVs come with proprietary 3D content. Sony TVs, for example.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
pricesmart is a very good name for the owners ,,I have never found anything of quaility there that is at all cheap and many very ordinary stuff is cheaper in la Sirena ...only good fo bulk buying of food if you are having a party

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
pricesmart is a very good name for the owners ,,I have never found anything of quaility there that is at all cheap and many very ordinary stuff is cheaper in la Sirena ...only good fo bulk buying of food if you are having a party

After going to both places for years now, you get the feel of what is priced better at PriceSmart .......and what is not....
I do half my shopping at each store.......it works out........

B in Santiago

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I am going to buy a 32 inch LED TV, on line, here in Boston.You can find many at $200 US.
If you don't think that 32" is big enough, just pull your chair CLOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Work great!
MUCH CHEAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I am going to buy a 32 inch LED TV, on line, here in Boston.You can find many at $200 US.
If you don't think that 32" is big enough, just pull your chair CLOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Work great!
MUCH CHEAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AAAAAAAAAAAAAActually,

The suggested distance is 3x the diagonal measurement of the TV, for the best viewing.

Some of our noses will smear the TV at that dddddddddddddistance

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
AAAAAAAAAAAAAActually,

The suggested distance is 3x the diagonal measurement of the TV, for the best viewing.

Some of our noses will smear the TV at that dddddddddddddistance

As an optometrist I can tell you it is actually 6x... Pinoccio... lol

BelgianK

Feb 7, 2007
OK more research I did into this, the lower the picture source quality, the further you should be seated. For 1080p (very rare to find) it's OK to be seated at the distance 1.5 to 1.75x the screen size. For 720p ideal distance would be 2.5 x the screen size (diagonal) and for SD broadcast on HDTV it should be over 3.5x in order "to not see the imperfections".

Being the DR, for SD broadcast (95% of TV) you should be seated at 3.5x the screen size and for HDTV that is offered here (it's 720p) 2.5 x the screen size. So I would say go for the average, and that is 3 x the screen size.

Feb 7, 2007
I have just measured MY watching distance, and it's exactly 3x the screen size (what a coincidence! :) ) and I feel comfortable watching old analogue cable, and also get a very good watching experience with lots of details on 720p shows I download from the 'net.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Recently, I had the full analysis at BestBuy, while buying my new Samsung 40" LED TV.

Re: 1080 - very few feeds are of this high quality.
If you have a BlueRay DVD, you should buy it, otherwise, the 720 suits most situations.

Recovery speed - this is important if you watch fast sports - like hockey.
Not so important in most other cases..
Stupid me, I bought it---- before the strike/lockout.

My favorite lounging position for TV is 6'.... for a 40" screen.
Just lucky, b/c If I try to rearrange the furniture to get a better distance, I would be rearranged right out of the room.:ermm:

Thank you Rubio for the distance chart

goldenjoe

Nov 4, 2008
I just have a 46 LCD Sony Bravia ... 9" Viewing distance ..
But I can assure you if it was a 60 " or 90 " I would still sit at the same place ... I'm blinded by Science ha ha ha
except when playing on the PS3 ( COD, Fifa )
too much head movement Lol ..