Lawyer Needed

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Until a generation ago (or perhaps 2) most women in the first world were told they do not need an education just a husband to support them.

Apr 7, 2014
Ok Ooh La La, nothing to disagree with in your statement. I just hope you are consistent when you analyze education disparity in the United States.

so those kids who go to toxic schools with metal detectors and armed guards with 50 kids to a class are just stupid and lazy. Those children who go to a school with a pool, track, low teacher/student ratio and abundant programs are just simply smarter and more hardworking.

What you wrote isnt a.comparable statement. Where are the schools with the armed guards and metal detectors in the DR? Where are the schools with swimming pools and polo teams? All schools im DR underperform instinctively because the students only go there 3-4 hours a day, even the private ones with supposedly English speaking professors.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
so you are saying that everyone in DR has the same crap school and crap education? so since some can read and some can't those who can't are stupid. I disagree. And I have a sneaking suspicion that if we were discussing the USA you could turn yourself in knots trying to explain why some people don't succeed and some do. all I am suggesting is that if/when you consider education disparities in the USA you are consistent in calling functionally illiterate people stupid. When an american mother of any stripe isn't actively involved in her children's education you are going to blame the mother for early pregnancy to hook a man.
also, i didn't disagree with you. I don't know class sizes or school security in DR or in the USA for that matter since i don't have kids. surely there are schools better run than others. surely schools use their resources differently. the leaders of a school have a tremendous impact on the learning of students. as much as teachers.

the problem with education in DR and USA is lazy, tv watching, never read a book good for nothing parents who care more about their own happiness than the future of their kid.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
oh, commander, btw, it is not hooey. there is no set standard to describe illiteracy. every country keeps there own statistics on this matter and politics affects the data. 100%

Apr 7, 2014
so you are saying that everyone in DR has the same crap school and crap education? so since some can read and some can't those who can't are stupid. I disagree. And I have a sneaking suspicion that if we were discussing the USA you could turn yourself in knots trying to explain why some people don't succeed and some do. all I am suggesting is that if/when you consider education disparities in the USA you are consistent in calling functionally illiterate people stupid. When an american mother of any stripe isn't actively involved in her children's education you are going to blame the mother for early pregnancy to hook a man.
also, i didn't disagree with you. I don't know class sizes or school security in DR or in the USA for that matter since i don't have kids. surely there are schools better run than others. surely schools use their resources differently. the leaders of a school have a tremendous impact on the learning of students. as much as teachers.

the problem with education in DR and USA is lazy, tv watching, never read a book good for nothing parents who care more about their own happiness than the future of their kid.
1st paragraph: Nope.
2nd paragraph: I said your statement wasnt comparable with mine unless you can show me the DR school with armed guards, metal detectors, overcrowded classrooms and dilapidated buildings(paid for with public tax revenue). There is equitable relationship between US schools and Dominican schools.

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
What you wrote isnt a.comparable statement. Where are the schools with the armed guards and metal detectors in the DR? Where are the schools with swimming pools and polo teams? All schools im DR underperform instinctively because the students only go there 3-4 hours a day, even the private ones with supposedly English speaking professors.
we have armed guards at the school across from us

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016

The elementary school in Munoz has a new fence with razor wire across the top and armed guards at the gate during school hours