Leaving a Passport for a Rental Car

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There are one or two in Sosua that will rent with a cash deposit instead of a CC. I don't know about Santiago, but I would think that some small companies would, maybe someone from Santiago can help with this.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If the north coast is an option, I might know of one in Sosua.

Freddy's in Sosua across from the Claro Tower will rent you a car without a CC or Passport. I have sent a lot of people to him this way.

dcp6904

Mar 22, 2012
Having a credit card and being on a budget are NOT incompatible. Get a credit card and only use it for the rental.

I always rent from a place across the street from Bailys Restaurant in Sosua. It's called Wilbert-Bank Car Rental on Calle Duarte Alejo Martinez # 20. There's a guy there named Fransisco that I always deal with. They take a copy of the passport if you don't have a credit card. I have rented with them the last three times I was in the DR since August 2011 and have never had a problem. They charge around $1300RD per day. When I pick the car up I film it with a camcorder, walking around the entire vehicle and making sure they see me do it. Maybe it's that that keeps them on the up and up, I don't know, but I've never had a problem with them so far and I plan to rent from them again next week when I'm in Sosua.