Leptospirosis

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Funny,,in a strange way, the timing of this thread.

9 days ago one of my dogs fell*terribly ill. *:( :(
He refused to eat and drink.
He was lethargic, very weak and depressed.
He became quickly dehydrated, had problems breathing. Lots of heaving and internal movements.
No bowel movement, no urination.

This being dr campo, no " real" help is available.( apparently vets get their diploma in a cereal box, and more often than not are scared of any dog that doesnt fit in a back pack ). And before long moving the dog was impossible w/o further damage.

Anyway google is no real help. More anxiogene than anything. But after reading this thread, lepto seems a likely theory.

Will post more about Simbas story in the* feel good story of the day, i hope....
He is not out of the woods yet, so any doggy prayers are welcome and appreciated.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Kinda nervous my wife has this. Thanks for the thread or I would have had no idea to tell her to get tested. She has been really sick for almosy 2 weeks,fever, chills, exhausted, horrible head ache etc...She will get the blood test tomorrow.

Keep us posted. *She hasn't had a break here health wise!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Leptospirosis - water contamination

I know WhatsApp is being abused by many people with nothing on their hands to diffuse false messages, this might be one of them, but still I thought it good to at least announce here:

I received a whatsapp message that there has been an outbreak of Leptospirosis in SD. Recommendations made were to not use the water from the faucet to brush your teeth or prepare your food. 

Again, this could be false, but since Leptospirosis is possibly lethal myself I will make sure we don't brush or teeth with tap water or cook with tap water. Something I shouldn't be doing anyway probably.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
Animal pee is never healthy, drink bottled water and only swim in chlorinated pools.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Soon you won't have to worry anymore about bad drinking water. ;)
When are you coming?

Slight change of plans (no nothing to do with Jesse Klaver maybe becoming part of the government). Due to a family situation we have to delay our move back. The plan was June, now we don't have a date until further notice. Hopefully somewhere this year. 

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Once a year vaccine, smaller dogs more subsceptible. Love your dog, get the vaccine at your vet.