Less expensive rates for calling DR from Canada

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Re: FYI regarding Bell....

Jodi said:
Bell has lowered it's rates to the DR! They've come a long way from the $1.69/minute that they used to charge. It's now .35/minute...and they seem to be pretty desperate to get the business.

Well not quite - Bell is actually 39 cents plus taxes only on First Rate Overseas with a $4.95 fee plus taxes per month but no cap like the First Rate plans.

So if you OVERPAY for North American they give you lower rates on the DR - which are still 39 cents ( not 35) plus taxes, so 44 cents , and that once again is 6 times a calling card more or less.

Don't take the word of INBOUND callers/telemarketers - Bell's own web site is quite informative. oh, BTW if you DON'T have this Overseas plan - $1.19 a minute plus taxes 8pm to 8 am and $1.59 other times. <--There's 10 cents less than the old $1.69 - it is the same bad rates and it won't get cheaper.

Even Sprint at an anytime rate of $0.86 is cheap by Bell's standards - I am using Sprint at 7 cents/minute for all North American calls USA included, all times of day with no fee and a free inbound WATS line.

Who uses Bell, really?

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
God, I hate Bell.

It's phone cards all the way for me - Globo or Nouveau work the best from Montreal. $10.00 = 70 minutes to the DR.

Jodi

Jan 2, 2002
I appreciate your well meant advice Rick, but I wasn't born yesterday and I was not suggesting anyone use Bell.

If you'll kindly re-read my post you'll see that I've elected to take the $75 credit and start using calling cards. There are no monthly fees and I have the employee number of the Bell representative who offered me this deal. North American calling is .10/min. I seriously doubt this is an advertised rate on their website as I was an extremely hard sell.

p.s....sorry for the pissy tone...no it's not PMS....my mother-in-law just recently arrived for a month long stay. Need I say more?