LGBT: Gay Friendly Hotels and bars in Boca Chica, please only post relevant info

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Some of you straight people just don’t get it and seems you may never understand, why you have to keep posting I don’t quite get.  

I couldn't agree with you more Harleysrock. I spent a long time chatting yesterday with a guy from New York who is coming to visit a Dominican trans male-to-female and wanted advice on where would be safe for them to stay and to go out. I honestly don't think a lot of straight people even begin to imagine how hard it can be trans people in Dom Rep.

Back to my original question, they also were interested in Boca Chica and I was still not able to advise them, so I would still like anyone who has got info on LGBT friendly hotels and bars in that area to let me know.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Back to my original question, they also were interested in Boca Chica and I was still not able to advise them, so I would still like anyone who has got info on LGBT friendly hotels and bars in that area to let me know.

Tropical I think if you took a day trip to Boca you would realize Boca Chica is just a small dump of a town. I ain't hating on the place just that is what Boca is. At night there are a couple of bars which are mainly puta bars, plain and simple.

I have seen small groups of gays hanging on the beach but I have yet to see any type of establishment someone would say that's a gay joint...........

My guess you could send your guests to Boca for a day at the beach but don't expect them to find what you might call a gay community.

Take a day trip to see for yourself..........

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
This is funny but a bit inefficient at the same time. It was a fairly easy question that started this thread but we all know what happened :). Infractions left and right and arguing etc.. before the OP got some answers hopefully.

We all do mistakes sometimes but I do wonder if a infraction was incorrectly given why not apologize and move on rather than to argue why it had to be given. This is not how respect is earned.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Bigbird thanks, I live in Santo Domingo and I often go to Boca Chica, but have only been twice at night. I have always thought of it more as a daytime place and pretty sad at night, but it is important to check and any info anyone on here can give me is really helpful. The fact that you and Frank think it's still the same seedy nothingness that I thought it was at night is still helpful for me to pass on to those who ask.

Milo Mitt I did read a couple of the posts before they were subsequently deleted by mods, I completely agree with their decision and am grateful to them. I come from the Europe where any homophobic comments made online would be illegal, and people who made them would face criminal charges by the police. We call it hate crime, and the consequences are serious. Any type of prejudice has no place on DR1 in my opinion.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Bigbird thanks, I live in Santo Domingo and I often go to Boca Chica, but have only been twice at night. I have always thought of it more as a daytime place and pretty sad at night, but it is important to check and any info anyone on here can give me is really helpful. The fact that you and Frank think it's still the same seedy nothingness that I thought it was at night is still helpful for me to pass on to those who ask. ......... .

If you want to send your guests to Boca for a day trip i think this is the nicest area on the beach.

https://www.facebook.com/BocanaRestaurant/

Easy enough to get to using the Boca Chica expresso bus.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Hi Paul. Once upon a time there was an openly gay poster on the forum who called himself JrzyGuy. He loved BC and BC became home base for him. Although I don't think advertised as 'gay' hotels, he stayed at the Candil or the Castalunga. That was some time back and I'm not sure if those hotels are still open.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Hi Paul. Once upon a time there was an openly gay poster on the forum who called himself JrzyGuy. He loved BC and BC became home base for him. Although I don't think advertised as 'gay' hotels, he stayed at the Candil or the Castalunga. That was some time back and I'm not sure if those hotels are still open.

yeah JrzyGuy was something else. I wonder what ever happened to him. His hotel of choice was Candil but I think they closed down years ago.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
He was indeed. I always enjoyed his posts. I have no idea what happened to him and I wasn't sure what happened to the Candil.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I like BC during the day. That shallow lagoon, the largest in the Caribbean, is a great place to just hang out in the water.

I like the Bocana and the Puerco Rosado.

I don't go there at night.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
I like BC during the day. That shallow lagoon, the largest in the Caribbean, is a great place to just hang out in the water.

I like the Bocana and the Puerco Rosado.

I don't go there at night.

It's a very safe beach for non-swimmers, but I don't like having to walk half a mile to get my trunks wet. I don't like dealing with extortionists when I park a car. I don't like to stray far from mí habitación at night, when in LRD, and mí habitación is never in Boca Chica.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
It's a very safe beach for non-swimmers, but I don't like having to walk half a mile to get my trunks wet. I don't like dealing with extortionists when I park a car. I don't like to stray far from mí habitación at night, when in LRD, and mí habitación is never in Boca Chica.

OK

You can swim fifty feet off shore.

I park for short money with a guy who watches my car.

I live in Santo Tapon.

It works for me.