Life expectancy in DR is 73.7 years

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i do not deny there are folks in DR who live long. i'm saying it is not the norm. all dominicans claim their grandparents lived to shame methuselah. they also claim there are brujas and you die from opening the fridge after ironing.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
they also claim there are brujas and you die from opening the fridge after ironing.

Not die, but experience paralysis in your facial muscles (what we call "pasmarse"), yes. If you don't believe this, then you're free to call any of the doctors staffing "La receta m?dica de la Zeta" and ask about it. They were talking about it a couple of days ago, and definitely took the belief out of the "superstitious abc" of this country.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
god help me. how come than scandinavians suffer no paralysis from jumping from hot hot sauna right into the snow?
i rest my case, this is not scientific discussion. i am afraid if i post on this thread again some of you will send a bruja after me.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
god help me. how come than scandinavians suffer no paralysis from jumping from hot hot sauna right into the snow?
i rest my case, this is not scientific discussion. i am afraid if i post on this thread again some of you will send a bruja after me.

Some of you people like to use "argumentum ad verecundiam" (appeal from authority) whenever a heavy discussion arises, so I'm doing precisely that, by directing you to ask for the opinion of the likes of Hector Guerrero Heredia, Mario Lama and Lidia Soto, medical people which were educated abroad. Don't be mad at me doing you this favor, please.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Truthfully I jump into a cold shower after 30 mins in the sauna every Tues, Wed and Fri nights.....the business. Helps rid my body of those blackheads that the chicas love to squeeze. Several Dominicans do likewise at our club Amaprosan.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
My paternal grandfather died of 104 years old in the DR and my paternal grandmother
was 96 when she died. My father lives in the DR and he's 86 years old.Will be 87 in
7 days.:) Longevity runs in the family.;)

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
yes, and the literacy rate is 93%? I do not believe it, codswallop as our Brit friends say. Based on what> They cannot even conduct a correct census.