Life in La Rep Dom

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Yes that is the law but 15 meters - come on that is almost 50' - Seems a more reasonable distance is 25'-30'.

I hope that doesn't catch on because the ticket writers will suddenly find their Golden Parachute of income.

Read again Bill, I said 5 meters. I asked him if today was just parking and not lack of helmets and he told me Monday was the day for Helmet tickets. One of our staff got a helmet ticket ( no casco) so the following day, still not having a helmet she saw AMET ahead so turned down another road to avoid them and met up with other AMET that gave her a ticket for driving the wrong way on a one way street. When you look at the list of infractions on the back of the ticket they could be making a lot more money than they do.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Read again Bill, I said 5 meters. I asked him if today was just parking and not lack of helmets and he told me Monday was the day for Helmet tickets. One of our staff got a helmet ticket ( no casco) so the following day, still not having a helmet she saw AMET ahead so turned down another road to avoid them and met up with other AMET that gave her a ticket for driving the wrong way on a one way street. When you look at the list of infractions on the back of the ticket they could be making a lot more money than they do.
Good I was thinking at 15 meters half the block would be ticketed.
I can appreciate leaving room for wide swinging vehicle turns.
Sounds like you need to buy an employee a helmet

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Good I was thinking at 15 meters half the block would be ticketed.
I can appreciate leaving room for wide swinging vehicle turns.
Sounds like you need to buy an employee a helmet

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Nope, we have 50 employees, if we bought one we would have to buy fifty. I don't disagree with the traffic rules and infractions, only on how inconsistent they are in applying them.

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
There are horizontal traffic lights. Not sure if red is on the right or left(?). I don't see what difference it makes where it is(?). Red means "stop" and "green means "go" and, down here, yellow means "go faster".

However, someone who is color blind will take of, assuming they obey the signal, when the light turns red. They will stop when it's green because they learned which light means go at the bottom or top.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Three or more aspects & positioning of aspects
The standard traffic signal is the red light above the green, with yellow between.

When the traffic signal with three aspects is arranged horizontally or sideways, the arrangement depends on the rule of the road. In right-lane countries, the sequence (from left to right) is red–yellow–green. In left-lane countries, the sequence is green–yellow–red.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I am surprised that our local hawk-eyed critics who can spot a 2 pesos price difference from a block away...
and drive 10 miles to shave .001 off the exchange rate
haven't brought this up yet --------

as you leave Super Pola....there is a new traffic light.

Be aware that it is mounted upside down.... a la layer cake - upside down cake

the red is on the bottom - green on top
yellow is still in the middle....

saw it this morning

anybody post this before??
or do you all just cock your head and drive on !!??

hahaha

This is for all the Irish people in the DR!!!! lol!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Or retired RaliRoad engineers...

I'm told the railways use the Upside Down Cake style to this day

I'll go one day w/ a screw driver and wrench.... and fix it.
I'll need a volunteer to direct traffic while I'm working on it

Dr_Taylor

Oct 18, 2017
Or retired RaliRoad engineers...

I'm told the railways use the Upside Down Cake style to this day

I'll go one day w/ a screw driver and wrench.... and fix it.
I'll need a volunteer to direct traffic while I'm working on it
That is correct. The signals can be miles apart, and it you can see the next signal as green you can proceed. The green on the top helps with this in hilly areas. If you do not see the green, then you ease off the throttle and prepare to reduce speed.