Lightning Protection

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
Well, real life may be stranger than fiction. Many years ago, in my hometown in Cuba, a man was struck by lightning and was inmediately killed. Years later, his tomb was struck by lightning again, not once, but twice. In all, he attracted those electrical discharges three times. The first one killed him and the other two times long after he had departed this treacherous world.

I know a street in Belgium where every 5 years or so someone is killed by lighting and that stred is only a mile long

Greetings

Johan

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
PlantaFULL

Interesting, thanks for the insight.

I knew these "cheap methods" from Brasil and assumed it would work in the DR as well.

In my case, I have a little light on my surge protector which is supposed to indicate whatever the ground wire is really grounded or just "for show". It appears to work since it gives different results depending on the outlets.
voce e brasilero o so morava la?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I know a street in Belgium where every 5 years or so someone is killed by lighting and that stred is only a mile long

i love how those serious threads turn into the streem of jokes and trivia...
in the village my mum grew in few people were killed by the lighting, mainly drunks coming back home in the storm to avoid their wives anger for staying out too long and drinking too much. just shows that the wrath of woman is that of god.... :cheeky:

intrestingly, in poland all homes are equipped with the lighting rod, i presumed it was customary elswhere till i asked my english friend: "what do you call those things of the roof that protect from the lightning?" and he answered: "pigeons."

Last edited: