lil' help in SD

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Carribe Tours goes to P.P. and all the way to Sosua.

Metro is probably your best bet for going to S.D, From Santiago it has the earliest bus route. I usually take the 6am bus from Santiago. Coming from P.P. gets you in about 2 hours before lunch. Not sure if the medical closes for lunch and also have to worry about that at the x-ray place. Do you have the name, location and phone number of the x-ray place? It is off of Maximo Gomez 2 blocks South of 27th de Feb. The buses do not stop at 27th de Feb., so if you did go by the public buses, get off about 2 blocks before 27 de Feb. (If you get to Av. Mexico (Going North), you passed it. It is on Av. Pedro Henriquez Urena. At the SouthWest corner with Maximo Gomez is the Centro Medico Universidad Central del Este (UCE). You will be walking West pass UCE.

From Maximo Gomez and Av. Pedro Henriquez Urena, you go West about 1 block, the x-ray place is on the South side (Your left going there). Just as you cross the intersection, it is just about on the corner.

The last info I have on the place is as follows:

Centro de Imagenes Diagnostica y Especialidades
YAMILE c. por a.

Tel: 809-334-6150

I personally would call and make sure they are not closed for one reason or another on Friday. It happened to me, Migracion was open but the x-ray place was closed for some reason. Had to make another trip from Santiago.

PS:

Carribe Tours is closer to the X-ray place and Metro is closer to Migracion. So in that sense it works out better going Metro and coming back Carribe.

All this is posted assuming Migracion did not change the place for the x-ray.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Cheesecake

I love New York style heavy cream cheesecake.

Have not had any since leaving to come here in January. I have a home also in Florida, and "Publix Supermarkets" make the BEST chesecakes, that will be one of my first stops when I go to Florida this month.

Bakery products here in the D.R just don't cut it. Wish I knew an American Airlines pilot or Stewart(dress) to bring me some cheescake now and then.....
Plus perhaps also some nice chocolate covered Boston cream donuts..... yum, yum!

Almost forgot, the bus is 10-15 pesos......

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
santiagoRD... you... make.... my... mouth... water....
nothing personal just the ..... cheesecake.... si, papi, si!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Naughty but very nice!

Thank you so much dv8! :) She brought back cheesecake. And thank you Chiri for phoning to say she was on her way (she didn't say with what, though).........sorry I had to dash off the phone!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There's more where that came from, Lambada, but a visit to the capital is required.

It was a pleasure to meet dv8. She made a huge impression on Chirimoyito - love at first sight! He wouldn't leave her alone. When we picked him up from school the plan was to drop dv8 off at the Metro to get her bus back to Puerto Plata, but Chirimoyito wasn't having any of it. "Aren't you coming to my house?" he asked, and his wish was granted. :)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
There's more where that came from, Lambada, but a visit to the capital is required.

It was a pleasure to meet dv8. She made a huge impression on Chirimoyito - love at first sight! He wouldn't leave her alone. When we picked him up from school the plan was to drop dv8 off at the Metro to get her bus back to Puerto Plata, but Chirimoyito wasn't having any of it. "Aren't you coming to my house?" he asked, and his wish was granted. :)

That's it.........you'll never hear the end of it now. Chirimoyito will pine until dv8's next visit.

Thank you for the kind offer. I'll probably make my customary once every 2 year visit to the capital in April/May 2007 (residencia renewal). No brass bands please ;) .

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
all's well that ends well

chiri, tell your little one his love is 100% returned! what a joy to meet a man (albait a little one) who actually listens to what i say! (which cannot be said about mi novio ;) )
migracion was quick and easy, even thou the blood test has left me with a bruise on my arm :hurt: maybe the nurse, talking to me with the speed of a machine gun did not pay much attention to her work.... :ermm:
anyway muchas gracias por la ayuda de todos
:bunny: