Living in Punta Rucia?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The folks that bought my place have expanded their operations, buying the house in back (and paying a terrible prive for a "mistake" in the 'original' deed; but they persevered and have now bought another 5,000 m2 for further development. It now costs $250 a night to stay at my old place..and it's rented out months in advance...

I cannot imagine being in Punta Rucia for more than a week...and I ahve been going there for more than 50 years...

HB

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
Playa Ensenada is a mile from Punta Russia. Fantastic beach and at least 40 bars and restaurants on the beach. Do Not buy a house there without a good lawyer. And not one from that area.
I have lived in Luperon many years. It is a sleepy lil town. Not much crime. Not much to do. People are more laid
Back. Beaches are small but nice. Go to either of these places and enjoy.

ive always liked punta ruscia but maybe it always was playa ensaidada? always had good food and plenty of vendors(40 bars/rest...and just loved the water swimming there...
by far my favorite beach.........

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Perhaps your lasts visits took place during the weekend? that's when la ensanada gets packed with dominicans who arrive in those yellow american school buses from Santiago.

This summer I was with a friend there during the week and we had the whole beach for us!

Give it a go during the week, it's still very quiet and laid back.

Quizas - I don't claim to be an expert on Punta Rusia - that would be Hillbilly and family from Santiago

But I did notice more development over the years, also the roads where vastly improved. I cannot help but think that must have increased traffic. And in reality the village used to be very small, so any increase is noticeable.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Okay, you are all confusing me..... now I'm not sure if we go to Punta Rucia or Playa Ensenada - which one has Elsa's restaurant??

b?rbaro

Jul 9, 2014
Quizas - I don't claim to be an expert on Punta Rusia - that would be Hillbilly and family from Santiago

But I did notice more development over the years, also the roads where vastly improved. I cannot help but think that must have increased traffic. And in reality the village used to be very small, so any increase is noticeable.

Me neither man, just trying to encourage you!!

Okay, you are all confusing me..... now I'm not sure if we go to Punta Rucia or Playa Ensenada - which one has Elsa's restaurant??

heheh, la ensenada I believe