Living in the Dominican Republic? Here's how to be a better expat

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Your wife is Dominican. You are still an expat.? Did you become a DR citizen?

Really doesn't matter since your views are from 19 years ago wigh no change. YAWNNNNN.
An expat can be an illegal alien, a legal resident, or a naturalized citizen. It has zero to with being married or unmarried.

I am happy to educate you on what an expatriate is using Merriam Webster:

to withdraw (oneself) from residence in or allegiance to one's native country​

So, even if I have DR Citizenship now through naturalization, I am still an expatriate from my native country.
Yes , it really does matter regardless of what you think. My views? They certainly are my own and I won't change them even if you think I should,
since I don't care what you think about my views. My views have worked well for me for much longer than 19 years. I hope yours work for you, since I generally want no part of them.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
An expat can be an illegal alien, a legal resident, or a naturalized citizen. It has zero to with being married or unmarried.

I am happy to educate you on what an expatriate is using Merriam Webster:

to withdraw (oneself) from residence in or allegiance to one's native country​

So, even if I have DR Citizenship now through naturalization, I am still an expatriate from my native country.
Yes , it really does matter regardless of what you think. My views? They certainly are my own and I won't change them even if you think I should,
since I don't care what you think about my views. My views have worked well for me for much longer than 19 years. I hope yours work for you, since I generally want no part of them.
Some have worked hard to become D.R. citizens. That takes time, and true grit. I solute you.
We are in the process of renewing our residency and have filled out the forms....1 month ago.
Appears that this system has gone the way of renewing gun permits. No responses at all.

Keep in mind that the travel and pandemic restrictions change so getting things done is a little problematic even if we get direction.

But I see tourists industry pushing and promoting.

On the other hand....so glad I don't live in the U.S.

Reactions: bob saunders

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I can't get over how pathetic and needy some are. No one gives a fcuk how you want to be addressed. Do you REALLY think that being citizens changes how any think of you? Seriously? It sure as hell didn't improve your personalities LOL
Actually yes it does change the way quite a few Dominicans think about you. Nothing will improve your personality.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I love you sense of humor my friend. Not. Do you really think my comment on such a trivial comment requires this explanation or for the passive aggressive statement of "for people like you to have everything spelled out". You know nothing about "me" or what needs to be spelled out. Put a smile on your face. Laughter in your heart. You'll feel better and don't look at every posting on DR1 as a challenge. Get over it, we're all in this together and absolutely no one on this earth cares if you call yourself an expat, cititzen of Can., legal, illegal, or tooth fairy.
I sincerly hope you will have a day full of love and hope.
Every morning I wake up with smile and every night I go to sleep with a smile. How well live the rich ( I am not referring to money)

• Haha
Reactions: Big