Longer Days

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
One month to go before the shortest day of the year.......

We are now at 11hr /days ~
Much worse up north
We get down to slightly less than 8 hours and 15 minutes of daylight by Winter Solstice WW in my province. Of course we are a half hour ahead of the rest of north America so we get to enjoy the daylight earlier, and celebrate New Years Eve before anyone else.

Some provinces have opted out of Daylight Savings time. We tried double daylight savings time decades ago. Recreational salmon fishermen loved it. Plenty of light left after work to fish the rivers. Mothers hated it. Had a hard time getting kids to bed for school the next day. The experiment lasted one summer.

As a kid, I spent a lot of time outdoors playing with my friends and never noticed the changes. At my current age, the decrease in daylight hours bothers me. Not severely like Seasonal Affectiveness Disorder. That’s part of the reason I enjoyed my winters in the DR. No big variation in daylight hours and a warm climate to enjoy those daylight hours. My mood lightens after Winter Solstice and by February there’s plenty of light.

I can’t imagine living in the high North where you don’t see the sun for months. Coping with that would require significant amounts of rum.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Here we are !!!
The shortest day of the year !!

Sun begins to return tomorrow,

I am away just now...... 4:30pm sunsets.... cold weather......

Enjoy yourselves down there in paradise !!

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
According to my weather forecast app, the sun rises at 7:09am these days ---- earlier than the 7:16am reported 10 days or so ago

I don't follow the sunsets but we can assume they too are lengthening our days as we head to June 21st

Might be interesting to start a chart or record to track things
That may be official tines but I walk my 5 dogs every morning at it's always light at 7.
So maybe the official time is deceiving

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
if its cold, its global warming. Hot, cold, flooding, snow, rain and the one that always convinces me; when it is mild and pleasant, they experts say "evidence of global warming"
The biggest lie ever created - all as a money scam

Reactions: Big

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I would almost agree. I'm still in the air over number 1 or 2
1 climate change
2 COVID

We still have 911 too. Any of these 3 can be in contention for your aforementioned "biggest lie ever told"
There's a lot more than that - JKF assassination, Iraq weapons of mass destruction, 2008 bank bailout, Russia hoax, January 6th, Nord Stream pipeline

Reactions: chico bill