Looking for a detective

mikeyone

Apr 16, 2003
Private Investigators.-Robbery.

Has somebody some information about a good detective in the Puerto Plata area ? How do detectives work here ? Are they related to the police or are they working completely independently? Thanks for your help.

P.I's( detectives ) here in the DR. are independent from the Police. Their association with the police is similar to everyone. You have to pay for information or services. Friendships still seem to cost in other ways. Most of the advice you have received here would be what the Detective would do in checking out possible locations for the stolen computer etc. Cash of course will be long gone, but if in US. or other currencies then maybe someone has exchanged large amounts.. I presume the Police checked out neighbours etc. and anyone who saw or heared anything etc. If a safe is involved, what about the house staff, maintainance people, installers or anyone who knew it was there... I cant see the Police say in P.P. passing much information on to Santiago and Santo Domingo Police Departments to check for your computer. So if you were to hire a Detective he would have to backtrack from the scene of the crime and attempt to locate persons responsible as well as locate your computer... I Think the Detective would be asking for a Fee of around $500.00 US. taking into the consideration the time and travel expense that may be involved. Not drumming up business for them but one could Email caribbeansurveillanceservices@hotmail.com or visit their website at Home hope that gives a small insight as to what may be involved.. M.

Estrella1

Jan 13, 2006
P.I's( detectives ) here in the DR. are independent from the Police. Their association with the police is similar to everyone. You have to pay for information or services. Friendships still seem to cost in other ways. Most of the advice you have received here would be what the Detective would do in checking out possible locations for the stolen computer etc. Cash of course will be long gone, but if in US. or other currencies then maybe someone has exchanged large amounts.. I presume the Police checked out neighbours etc. and anyone who saw or heared anything etc. If a safe is involved, what about the house staff, maintainance people, installers or anyone who knew it was there... I cant see the Police say in P.P. passing much information on to Santiago and Santo Domingo Police Departments to check for your computer. So if you were to hire a Detective he would have to backtrack from the scene of the crime and attempt to locate persons responsible as well as locate your computer... I Think the Detective would be asking for a Fee of around $500.00 US. taking into the consideration the time and travel expense that may be involved. Not drumming up business for them but one could Email caribbeansurveillanceservices@hotmail.com or visit their website at Home hope that gives a small insight as to what may be involved.. M.

Thank you very much for your answer. Yes, it seems the police made a good investigation, but...didn't find anything back until now.
We suspect somebody for the robbery, also the police does, but we don't have any proof....The detective would be to help finding back at least the computer with the datas. My friend is driving crazy because of what happened. She is completely lost and seems to loose her mind sometimes. She cannot eat, cannot sleep, she is really bad and it becomes an obsession!!! She took a Dominican detective (???), on her own, so I don't know much about him. This guy is very very cheap, doesn't have any reference, nothing (but he says he found back some other stuffs before...). He asked one week to find everything back...Let's see, tomorrow is the last day of that week...

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Not drumming up business for them but one could Email

Them? This isn't you?

Estrella, I'm sorry your friend is taking it so badly but I think the kindest thing you can do right now is get her to face the reality that she might never get her computer or data back. Most people don't. Oh yes & tell her to store all her future data on a backup.