Looking for a little Stove/gas advice..

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
We had a cheap local cooker, 4 rings & oven, for the first 8 years here. It was functional, but no thermostat.......it started cold......and got hot........and then hotter. Bit tricky on the 'low heat - long cook' items like Christmas cakes, but one adjusted ingredients & method of mixing etc accordingly. Never let the cleaning lady get anywhere near it, of course, until 4 years ago when we gave it to her & bought a Whirlpool gas cooker for the new house we built. This has a thermostat which works .......I still can't quite believe it. I got so good at the rule of thumb method & guestimating how long something would take at searing heat (regardless of setting on dial).......that I still can't believe a sponge cake will take 40 mins. each time I make one. So far, after 4 years, this cooker, purchased here in DR, has been trouble free.

gjsuk

Apr 7, 2003
Viking stove

I just brought in a Viking stove (cost in NY about $3k - quoted here for same model 350,000 pesos when exchange rate was 45-1 last summer) in my container of household effects.

At that cost the savings paid for the shipment. At todays exchange rate it's even better.

FYI some-one I know has some storage units in Cabarete.