Looking for an AV person for my theater

BobtheCat

Aug 28, 2010
I have a theater, and a new projector I'm looking for someone who can help me get it running and keep it running. shoot me a message, and I'll send my number. Thanks.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I have a theater, and a new projector I'm looking for someone who can help me get it running and keep it running. shoot me a message, and I'll send my number. Thanks.
Buy an Amazon Firestick and plug it in and you'll be good to go. What projector did you get?

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
What do you watch ? Are you getting first release movies ? Do you serve popcorn and Mason Dots or Jujubes ?
How's this? I watched Mission Impossible - Dead Reckoning before it came out in theaters in the US.

Reactions: chico bill

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
How's this? I watched Mission Impossible - Dead Reckoning before it came out in theaters in the US.
Nice but I heard the critics panned that last Mission Impossible ?
I think I will download that one as the special effects look good

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Nice but I heard the critics panned that last Mission Impossible ?
I think I will download that one as the special effects look good

Lots of action for sure, almost to excess. I was going to wait until the second part came out, but my curiosity got the best of me.

Barbie and Oppenheimer coming out at the same time really put a dent in the ticket sales.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Lots of action for sure, almost to excess. I was going to wait until the second part came out, but my curiosity got the best of me.

Barbie and Oppenheimer coming out at the same time really put a dent in the ticket sales.
No interest in Barbie.
I've been getting a lot of enjoyment out of Fawsome Westerns.
Get to watch John Wayne, Hopalong Cassidy, and tons of old cowboy movies. The video quality isn't up to today's standards and most in black and white but it takes me back to my childhood.
Full of bank jobs, rustling, dry gultching, hideouts, forming a posse, bar fights with saloon girls and tons of villains with henchmen.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Same. I've tried to watch Barbie 5 times and can't get more than 4-5 minutes into it. Any I really like Margot Robbie.
I like the old westerns too, but gotta be in the mood.

OP hasn't been back.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Same. I've tried to watch Barbie 5 times and can't get more than 4-5 minutes into it. Any I really like Margot Robbie.
I like the old westerns too, but gotta be in the mood.

OP hasn't been back.
Same here. Like Margot and don't much like Barbie.

Just started to watch Indie's latest. It shows one reason why actors are on strike. Soon they won't be needed at all.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Same here. Like Margot and don't much like Barbie.

Just started to watch Indie's latest. It shows one reason why actors are on strike. Soon they won't be needed at all.
Have you seen the technology they used to make him look young again? What an enormous amount of work that took.

Reactions: AlterEgo

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Have you seen the technology they used to make him look young again? What an enormous amount of work that took.
I did not see the exact system, but being an electronic design engineer that had some projects involving 3D graphics LONG ago, I can imagine how much it takes. It has been many years since I attended a SIGGRAPH conference where I demonstrated the first real time 3D modeling system ever. That system was used in projects from a realistic Stock Car simulator to advanced medical imaging for surgeons.

Just watch the Avatar movies and see how it can be done with no real actors in complete computer created scenes.

Actors are justifiably anxious about their futures. The technology is expensive now, but that will change drastically over time.

And beware of deep fakes. You can really never trust anything you see in videos again.