Looking for "Heaven" In DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Actually, technically, I don?t think BB?s is a whorehouse, as the girls present are just ?visiting?and the hotel doesn?t mediate between the girls and the guests. You pay for your rooms, food, etc, to the hotel, and whatever is done with the women is a private matter. I only know this because I asked the owner the other day how that worked while I was eating lunch in the restaurant. As far as the travel agent getting in trouble, I don?t think so. If that were true, no one could book vacations for clients in Amsterdam. :cool:
I defer to your greater knowledge.
I have never been there, but certainly have heard countless stories and seen trip reports, and regardless of the technicalities, would you agree that it has all the feel of a whorehouse?

bdaric

Aug 28, 2003
Well, from the sound of Senor CCCCC's post I saw once, I thought BB had only one function.
However, perhaps for those who like to go there, why give it a crummy sounding name that may in time get it closed?
Live and let live..?...each to their own...etc. etc.

gringo1

Feb 23, 2007
Hi! I guess it feels a little like a whorehouse, but nothing like Bohen or Crystal etc. My first time in there it looked like a party around a pool. Normal level music, people eating and talking around a pool and bar, etc. I mean, a person could walk in there and not automatically think it was anything other than a spring break like setting. The other thing I liked about it is , unlike a lot of other places, I can sit and talk to a buddy or by myself with a frosty one and no one is coming up to me, drinking my beer, trying to sell me on anything. Sometimes I just go there to eat lunch. In Sosua I can?t walk down the street without someone hissing at me from a massage parlor, and I?m not even a tourist anymore!! Anyhow, it?s a mellow place. Check it out sometime. caio!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hi! I guess it feels a little like a whorehouse, but nothing like Bohen or Crystal etc. My first time in there it looked like a party around a pool. Normal level music, people eating and talking around a pool and bar, etc. I mean, a person could walk in there and not automatically think it was anything other than a spring break like setting. The other thing I liked about it is , unlike a lot of other places, I can sit and talk to a buddy or by myself with a frosty one and no one is coming up to me, drinking my beer, trying to sell me on anything. Sometimes I just go there to eat lunch. In Sosua I can?t walk down the street without someone hissing at me from a massage parlor, and I?m not even a tourist anymore!! Anyhow, it?s a mellow place. Check it out sometime. caio!
Thanks for that info, Gringo.
Being able to acquire good accurate reports, such as your above, is what makes DR1 such a valuable resource.

mmilone

Mar 25, 2003
It depends on wheter or not the group speaks Spanish, or has any previous D.R. experience. For the first timer single male, Blackbeards is a great option. There is food and drink onsite, and a quiet beach. Girls are onsite, but not agressive. Prices are also already set. You will meet other tourists who speak your language. I don't recommend the classic toursit 'traps' such as Crystals, where the guys will get 'robbed'.

Status
Not open for further replies.