Lost Relatives

MayLing

Apr 26, 2024
Florida
Hello,
I am looking for lost relatives in Dominican Republic from my father's side. I learned my grandfather's last name was Olivo and he lived in Santiago. Not sure if this site can help, but other sites haven't helped much.

Open to resources that could help me locate lost family in DR.

Thank you.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Hello,
I am looking for lost relatives in Dominican Republic from my father's side. I learned my grandfather's last name was Olivo and he lived in Santiago. Not sure if this site can help, but other sites haven't helped much.

Open to resources that could help me locate lost family in DR.

Thank you.

I may be able to help. What was your grandfather’s first name and about when was he born?

MayLing

Apr 26, 2024
Florida
I may be able to help. What was your grandfather’s first name and about when was he born?
Hi there! I've looked tirelessly on family tree. His name was Ruben Olivo and from my research I estimate he was born between 1930 and 1940. I also learned he died in the 90s. He never left dominican republic from what I've been told.

MayLing

Apr 26, 2024
Florida
Hi there! I've looked tirelessly on family tree. His name was Ruben Olivo and from my research I estimate he was born between 1930 and 1940. I also learned he died in the 90s. He never left dominican republic from what I've been told.
His middle name was Dario.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

Now available:

New Record Collections from 16 Countries​

Check for your ancestors in the 2.4 million new historical records recently added to our free online archives. Records are from the following countries: Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Peru, Russia, Slovakia, South Africa, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, and Zimbabwe.

and

New Cemeteries Search Tool​

What a fantastic website. And still FREE!

My family tree now goes back over 400 years!

Reactions: LindseyKaufman

Calos G-Diaz

Apr 15, 2020
Hi JD:

I have found family members (some pics/documents) from the early 1700s on that site. All you need are the right names to search, and once you have that, you can use it find their relatives and off you go. Glad it helped.

Love your signature. Here's another: Youth is wasted on the young.