Love the new forum

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
You can still see the news stories alone by clicking on the NEWS button, either in the dark blue banner at the top or on the home page.
That takes you to the news section where it is not mixed in with the forum posts. Then you can read strictly the news.

The past experience was that many people posted stories in the forum that had already been covered in the news section. This way people can choose how they want to read their news, but not miss the stories. And now, people can add to the stories, sharing their knowledge.

People can also start news stories that they feel are interesting to share with readers.

The plan is for get to the point where news is posted 24/7 and then collected for the daily news digest once a day.
Dolores,
Maybe a compromise might be to mark the News as READ when read in the "News Forum" and hopeful will only appear in the" New Post' forum if someone added to it.

Once I read the news in the News Forum I do not like to see them fill up my screen when I look at the "New Post' forum.
I hope you understand what I am saying as it complicated to explain as News and New are similar.

Xtraveller

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Any way to revive the email option to send the news out. I know a bunch of people that like to receive the news but dont logon to DR1.

james

Jan 14, 2002
I find the print size is too small and just a little large would be so much easier reading

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010
The new format is clean with a professional look and feel, and easy to navigate in some ways. I’m sure a lot of hard work went into it. Special thanks to the developers, testers and analysts. Really nice job!!

If I would to improve the site I would find a way to display latest posts and most active posts under Forum. In some ways I find the old site was more user friendly and practical - the home page displayed all I wanted and needed, news on one side forum on the other all in one page. The new site reminds me of a beautiful water pitcher made of crystal with elaborate and colorful hand crafting when all I need is a hard plastic water pitcher from la sirena (red and blue roses optional).

Be safe, wear a mask when out, have no visitors, keep a bucket of water with Clorox and alcohol by the door just in case, also keep a wet old towel (Clorox and alcohol) by the door so that people step on before entering your house, don’t go out unless you have to, stay away from backyards get together, wash your hands regularly even if you do not go out ... I could go on but you get the point.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I have always found the news portion to be of great interest, and understand a lot of time and effort go into the process of collecting the relevant news for the benefit of the community. This is what this web site was created for. It has since grown into much more, but should never falter on it's original concept of providing the news. If slow laners can not keep up, or are not interested in the news that could affect them here in the RD, well that is shame on them, not the web site.
At times, there would be a very interesting news piece that would be left undiscussed, because it was buried within it's own category. In order to make the conversation "active", it would have to be copied and pasted to a new thread line. This new setup makes the process so much simpler for conversation regarding a specific news title. I for one, like and appreciate it very much.

Sep 22, 2009
I have always found the news portion to be of great interest, and understand a lot of time and effort go into the process of collecting the relevant news for the benefit of the community. This is what this web site was created for. It has since grown into much more, but should never falter on it's original concept of providing the news. If slow laners can not keep up, or are not interested in the news that could affect them here in the RD, well that is shame on them, not the web site.
At times, there would be a very interesting news piece that would be left undiscussed, because it was buried within it's own category. In order to make the conversation "active", it would have to be copied and pasted to a new thread line. This new setup makes the process so much simpler for conversation regarding a specific news title. I for one, like and appreciate it very much.
If they don't like then can head over to EC, where amazing stuff is posted by other great expats all the time!

Screenshot_20200424-112317.png

nortenomore

Jul 26, 2019
I realize it's free so there's really no room to complain about the new format.

Plus, I have a lot of extra time on my hands to navigate from one area to another and reflect on where I was and where I'm going. Before then going back to start over.

I'm sure I'll get used to it. So why was it changed?

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
I realize it's free so there's really no room to complain about the new format.

Plus, I have a lot of extra time on my hands to navigate from one area to another and reflect on where I was and where I'm going. Before then going back to start over.

I'm sure I'll get used to it. So why was it changed?
"So why was it changed?" - This the BIGGEST question we cannot get an answer so far.