Low key places to stay in punta cana area

Taimei

Apr 4, 2024
Vancouver
Hello! We are looking for recommendations for places to stay in the Punta Cana area or a bit further afield. We are going to a wedding in uvero alto and then will have six days to do whatever we like. We have been to Santo Domingo, and are currently in Las Galeras, which we love. We don’t like resorts or organized tours; we prefer quiet beaches, hiking, and small communities. We will not have a car. Thanks in advance.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Maybe 6 or 8 months ago we stayed at Hotel Costalove in Veron. It is definitely NOT resortish by any stretch. I think the owner is Venezuelan but he speaks English. Their pool is very nice and big enough to do laps. They say they have the best sushi in PC but given that I despise sushi, I won't try it. But other than that, it was a decent enough place. It's much more for those that want to experience a bit of real Dominican culture. I would return if we ever go back.

Reactions: Lucifer

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Maybe 6 or 8 months ago we stayed at Hotel Costalove in Veron. It is definitely NOT resortish by any stretch. I think the owner is Venezuelan but he speaks English. Their pool is very nice and big enough to do laps. They say they have the best sushi in PC but given that I despise sushi, I won't try it. But other than that, it was a decent enough place. It's much more for those that want to experience a bit of real Dominican culture. I would return if we ever go back.
Forgot to add they don't have a website but you can follow them on Instagram. Also, they give a nice discount for cash.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Hello! We are looking for recommendations for places to stay in the Punta Cana area or a bit further afield. We are going to a wedding in uvero alto and then will have six days to do whatever we like. We have been to Santo Domingo, and are currently in Las Galeras, which we love. We don’t like resorts or organized tours; we prefer quiet beaches, hiking, and small communities. We will not have a car. Thanks in advance.
Just my opinion; I live here for 18 years now and never had 6 days in a row for my self to explore this beautifull Island. I think spending 6 days here without a Car is a very bad idea. You are limiting your self a lot and you will regret it.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Without a car you would need to stay in an area that gives you some access to restaurants, etc... Maybe look at staying in the Bayahibe area.

colmcb

Mar 22, 2009
There is a small place in Punta Cana you may want to check out. I haven't been there but have heard a number of people say it's clean, and comfortable, and the restaurant is good.. It's called Riviera Punta Cana Eco Travelers. I think it's no frills but family owned and down the street from the beach/around the corner from Citrus and a few other restaurants.
https://www.booking.com/hotel/do/riviera-punta-cana-eco-travelers.html

Reactions: BermudaRum

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is a small place in Punta Cana you may want to check out. I haven't been there but have heard a number of people say it's clean, and comfortable, and the restaurant is good.. It's called Riviera Punta Cana Eco Travelers. I think it's no frills but family owned and down the street from the beach/around the corner from Citrus and a few other restaurants.
https://www.booking.com/hotel/do/riviera-punta-cana-eco-travelers.html
Don't know the place, but that is an excellent location for not having a car. Lots to do around there, and there is a gua gua I believe going to Fruisa from there also...............Also the beach is very nice there with lots of bars and restaurants to walk to..............