Luis Abinader is The Richest President in Latin America

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
According to Listín Diario using data from Bloomberg, Luis Abinader is the richest president in Latin America.

1. Luis Abinader (DR) - US$76 million
2. Guillermo Lasso (Ecuador) - US$39.7 million
3. Nayib Bukele (El Salvador) - US$2.5 million
4. Mario Abdo Benítez (Paraguay) - US$954 thousand
5. Jair Bolsonaro (Brazil) - US$446 thousand
6. Luis Lacalle Pou (Uruguay) - US$386 thousand
7. Luis Arce (Bolivia) - US$359 thousand
8. Iván Duque (Colombia) - US$358 thousand
9. Daniel Ortega (Nicaragua) - US$218 thousand
10. Andrés Manuel López Obrador (Mexico) - US$81 thousand
11. Alberto Fernández (Argentina) - US$46 thousand
12. Gabriel Boric (Chile) - US$37 thousand
13. Pedro Castillo (Peru) - US$22 thousand

Reactions: AlaPlaya

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
I'm worth more than the Mexican president? LOL!! I wonder how they arrived at these numbers. Kudos to Luis for not playing accounting games to hide his wealth.

Jan 9, 2004
I'm worth more than the Mexican president? LOL!! I wonder how they arrived at these numbers. Kudos to Luis for not playing accounting games to hide his wealth.

Perhaps at least on paper. What happens in Latin America is a transfer of assets to a spouse/family member/corporation to avoid public scrutiny/scorn.

Many politicians in the DR have assets in corporate names and in shell companies offshore.

For those so inclined, look up the term “prestanombres.”

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Today, Dominicans are boasting about Abinader's "great achievement," but I'll take Uruguay's ex-president, Pepe Mujica, and his almost-destitute lifestyle, but super-duper rich in principles, courage, and decency.

You have to admit that Abinader has started from a pretty low base in terms of the amount of corruption that existed (and clearly still exists) throughout the entire government and public sector. Even to slow down that train is a huge achievement.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Exercise in reading comprehension in English below:

Wikipedia clear states the following:
"He did postgraduate studies in Project Management at Hult International Business School (at the time named Arthur D. Little Institute) in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He also studied Corporate Finance and Financial Engineering at Harvard University and Advanced Management at Dartmouth College in New Hampshire."
It does not indicated that he has a postgraduate degree. Length of the course taken takes nothing away from his "studies". Only for those that have read more into it than was there.

Courses currently being offered in Corporate Finance by Harvard are below:

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
One thing about the president he is trying his best. he inherited a huge pile of :poop: ..trying to do what's right for the people

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Too bad he can't spare money to fix water issues of Corraplata on the North Coast.
Los Cerros and Charamicos have been out of water for 5 weeks (again) Seems they don't have anyone that can repair or buy a new pump.

And I am sure there are more Corrapalta locations without water - Water will be the issue that brings down the DR

Hey Abinader - you want to christen a new development here on the beach but there is no water for the people living alongside ?
You can afford to bring in competent people