Mailing a box of cigars to the US

leon486

Dec 2, 2009
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if it's legal to just ship a box of cigars to the US or if some sort of paperwork/permit is required? Thanks!

leon486

Dec 2, 2009
That's crazy. They must buy in bulk.

Do you know if it's possible though? It's for a business venture.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Above poster is quite correct. It is much cheaper to buy at JR Cigar then to buy cigars here.

That said, there are ways to get a good deal, but it takes time to find a cigar maker that will sell you his product at
wholesale or even factory prices.

After all, they are in business to make money.

You are better off, sending your friend a gift certificate to JR Cigars.com

Jus' sayin'

HB

colmcb

Mar 22, 2009
I'm not a cigar smoker but my husband is. Last year we visited Tabacalera Garcia and he wanted to buy some cigars, as a gift for someone, in their shop after we toured the factory. He checked JR Cigar and realized the box was $125 less than buying them in the DR. A big difference. We then went to a local cigar shop in Bavaro and they had the same price. The guy in that store even told him to buy them in the U.S. and he'd save money on them. He ordered them from JR Cigar and they were at our house within 4 days of returning from the DR. I agree - send a gift certificate for JR Cigar. Much better value.

Is Vivante the same guys who had the glass shop on the beach in PC outside Huracan Cafe? I think he was from Belgium?? Not sure but he was so nice! We have been wondering what happened to him/them..

Reactions: leon486
Sep 22, 2009
I'm not a cigar smoker but my husband is. Last year we visited Tabacalera Garcia and he wanted to buy some cigars, as a gift for someone, in their shop after we toured the factory. He checked JR Cigar and realized the box was $125 less than buying them in the DR. A big difference. We then went to a local cigar shop in Bavaro and they had the same price. The guy in that store even told him to buy them in the U.S. and he'd save money on them. He ordered them from JR Cigar and they were at our house within 4 days of returning from the DR. I agree - send a gift certificate for JR Cigar. Much better value.

Is Vivante the same guys who had the glass shop on the beach in PC outside Huracan Cafe? I think he was from Belgium?? Not sure but he was so nice! We have been wondering what happened to him/them..
Vivonte. They are Cdn