Mailing Letter - Debit Card

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I'm having a problem getting my debit card from USA. First it went to a friend's house and she mailed it to me via Domex. Never got it. So I changed my address in the bank to mail direct to Domex. It's been almost a month and I have not received it yet.

Do you think I should have it sent by FedEx. Sent to a friend and they can send it FedEx. I really need the card. I've been transferring money to Paypal so I can take it out that way.

Any ideas?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I'm having a problem getting my debit card from USA. First it went to a friend's house and she mailed it to me via Domex. Never got it. So I changed my address in the bank to mail direct to Domex. It's been almost a month and I have not received it yet.

Do you think I should have it sent by FedEx. Sent to a friend and they can send it FedEx. I really need the card. I've been transferring money to Paypal so I can take it out that way.

Any ideas?
I got MBE exactly for that very reason as I was concerned BM Cargo wouldn't do it. I think for a 1 ounce or less letter from to MBE it's 120 DOP. However you first need to change your bank mailing address to MBE in Miami.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I got MBE exactly for that very reason as I was concerned BM Cargo wouldn't do it. I think for a 1 ounce or less letter from to MBE it's 120 DOP. However you first need to change your bank mailing address to MBE in Miami.
I had mbe a while ago but they are not close. I guess I'll have to renew my account. I thought domex did mail. I know bmcargo doesn't

Reactions: Neargale

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I had mbe a while ago but they are not close. I guess I'll have to renew my account. I thought domex did mail. I know bmcargo doesn't
I have always gotten my CC's by Domex.

Make sure they have your address so they can send you tracking notifications

Have your friend send you 3-4 black envelopes to your Domex address in Miami. Open a support ticket with them online and tell them you're not receiving letters. When you get a reply, tell them you know people are sending you correspondence that you're not receiving.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I have always gotten my CC's by Domex.

Make sure they have your address so they can send you tracking notifications

Have your friend send you 3-4 black envelopes to your Domex address in Miami. Open a support ticket with them online and tell them you're not receiving letters. When you get a reply, tell them you know people are sending you correspondence that you're not receiving.
I've spoken to them and get said without tracking they can't help. I don't really have time to piss around. I need the card yesterday. I just thought that domex was good for letter but I guess not.

Adrian

Oct 22, 2003

Any ideas?
I use EPS for parcels from the US, and had heard using EPS’s letter service from the US was very slow, so last time I needed to receive a letter (not a debit card) from the UK I had a friend put it in a small parcel and send it to the EPS parcel address in Miami and it arrived promptly. Maybe ask your friend to send you a small present in a parcel and put the card in as well and send it as a package? If it does arrive you get the bonus of a present!

Reactions: JD Jones and SKY

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I use EPS for parcels from the US, and had heard using EPS’s letter service from the US was very slow, so last time I needed to receive a letter (not a debit card) from the UK I had a friend put it in a small parcel and send it to the EPS parcel address in Miami and it arrived promptly. Maybe ask your friend to send you a small present in a parcel and put the card in as well and send it as a package? If it does arrive you get the bonus of a present!
This will work. Have done it myself................

Reactions: clff4u

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I just got a debit card sent to me not too long ago with EPS. They gave me an "express mail" address and I received it in less than a week - or you can put in a package as previously mentioned.

Did your friend send the letter to Domex with tracking? Did you send proof of delivery to Domex?

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I've spoken to them and get said without tracking they can't help. I don't really have time to piss around. I need the card yesterday. I just thought that domex was good for letter but I guess not.
I understand your situation as I have lived worse: I made a mistake and the only debit card we accessed our funds with (while living in the DR) arrived weeks late, thankfully we had some local reserves there, otherwise it would have been ugly... So I'm not sure what company is delivering our card to Domex, but ours came with DHL from Germany and then it was changed, I believe to USPS on the American soil. There was in fact no tracking but Domex received it just fine... BUT, having dealt with delivery issues also due to my work, I would never send anything important without tracking, as there is no way to proof anything, and you can also not say that this is Domex's fault, as you cannot know if they in fact received it... Perhaps you could ask your friend to mail it but with tracking? That's what I always do with anything important... Or what JD Jones advised above, would also be smart thing to do..

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
My friend did not send it with tracking. I didn't think of that. But that card has been canceled when the bank sent the new card to Domex. The bank did not send it with tracking. The second card was requested almost month ago. It is coming via us postal regular unmarked envelope from either Mars or Butler PA.

It takes up to 10 working days to process the card then they mail it. So if I need to do another card it's another long wait. That's why I was thinking FedEx or one of those services. That way it would be the fastest.

My last card, years ago, I used MBE but my account was cancelled for non use so i will try and reinstate that today and will check all options. It's very frustrating

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
My friend did not send it with tracking. I didn't think of that. But that card has been canceled when the bank sent the new card to Domex. The bank did not send it with tracking. The second card was requested almost month ago. It is coming via us postal regular unmarked envelope from either Mars or Butler PA.

It takes up to 10 working days to process the card then they mail it. So if I need to do another card it's another long wait. That's why I was thinking FedEx or one of those services. That way it would be the fastest.

My last card, years ago, I used MBE but my account was cancelled for non use so i will try and reinstate that today and will check all options. It's very frustrating
I'm sorry to hear about this. Yes, I know the long waiting times, have sent a few debit cards to the DR this far, it's not fun. However, all the cards have been sent by the bank just as you describe, and both, BMCargo and Domex have received them just fine. BMCargo refused to send the card from Miami to POP due their TOC, but that was my mistake. So it does sounds strange that multiple envelopes with a plastic inside go missing like that, unless there's something wrong with the address - I would perhaps check this as well.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean that BMCargo/Domex do not "do mail"? Unless things have changed, both forward normal mail, just that BMCargo does not forward credit/debit cards... Domex on the other hand does.

Reactions: La Profe_1

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
That is why I switched to Domex because I heard they mailed cards. I used MBE once and it worked but it's just a hassle getting to their office to pickup. DomEx is closer and they also deliver. I'm trying to reopen my account with MBE. Then I have to contact the bank and change my address again and have them cancel the second card and try again. A pain in my big ole buttox.

ando1991

Dec 5, 2016
Domex needs the code placed on the envelope to hasten delivery. But it may take over a month to get to you. Dhl or fedex to your home or domex office is better. But make sure the Domex membership code is placed.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009

Time is money. Send it with FEDEX and that's it.

Reactions: CristoRey

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Domex needs the code placed on the envelope to hasten delivery. But it may take over a month to get to you. Dhl or fedex to your home or domex office is better. But make sure the Domex membership code is placed.
Everything that arrives at the Domex office is automatically assigned a code for tracking from receipt to delivery and entered in their system .

With my packages and envelopes, they average 4-6 days from receipt to delivery to me, with a few exceptions that took 9-13 days during the Christmas season. .

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I called the bank to send the second card 2/28 and they said it would take up to 10 working days to mail the card. So that would make 10 days at 3/13. So I guess that is is now 5 days after that. It just seems like forever.

I contacted MBE about renewing my account as I could not log in the web site. Now waiting for them to contact me.