Maimon Restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
I have heard people talk about a restaurant by the name of Maimon that is known for its seafod buffet. I have been searching and can not find exactly where it is located. I saw a picture of the sign and I swear it is a place I have passed before but can't recall. Anyone have any info about location and prices? Thanks a lot!!!

Sr Arturo

Jan 20, 2009
Parada Maimon...

In Maimon you'll find several Paradas that specialize in seafood. Last year when I was there I frequented Parada Maimon for their fried fish every other day. It was the "middle of the road" looking place, not the big colorful one.
Drive West out of PoP past Riu Maimon a ways...can't miss them...see you there !

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Johan...is a good one in Maimon.
Was there recently.
Plate of shrimps was about 250 pesos.
Lobster was 450 pesos a pound.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
From Santiago head towrds PP and Maimon is about 20 min before youy get there. There are various restaurants and many people from Santiago eat there. There are at least a couple of similar restaurants in Santiago that offer the same fare.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
From Santiago head towrds PP and Maimon is about 20 min before youy get there. There are various restaurants and many people from Santiago eat there. There are at least a couple of similar restaurants in Santiago that offer the same fare.

which ones in santiago? I know you have posted this before but wanted to know if you have any updates.

thanks Chip

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Last time I went there I couldn't eat my CHICKEN lol cause the fried fish were looking at me !!! Seriously how do you eat fish with eyeballs still in them ?

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
Last time I went there I couldn't eat my CHICKEN lol cause the fried fish were looking at me !!! Seriously how do you eat fish with eyeballs still in them ?
Pluck out the eyeballs and eat them, first, so the fish will stop staring at you.

2zirjhe.gif

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
which ones in santiago? I know you have posted this before but wanted to know if you have any updates.

thanks Chip

No new updates, the two "La Bahia" restaurants are the ones I eat at. the one in pueblo nuevo is by far the most economical but still well worth it.

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
Great once you get passed the eyes

I used to think the same thing barbie, I never ate whole fish because I thought the concept was disgusting. The DR changed my mind, my friend ordered one and gave me a piece of the fillet and I became instantly hooked. It was the most delicious thing I have ever tasted and now I eat every bit of meat I can find even on the head, with the eyes staring at me in what I like to think as approval. LOL;)

Status
Not open for further replies.