Major explosion at Diamond Mall in Sto Dgo!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
God saved him!!

Thank you for that report. Apparently, according to Celso Marranzini who has a shoe store there, they will re-open for business in a couple of weeks....

We'll see if they do a few structural tests to see if there is major damage....

I suppose first impressions were what made the fire chief come out and say that the building had to be re built.....

Oh well, not my town, nor my mall...

Stupidity and Murphey's Law at work again....

HB :(:(:(:(

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Can someone please explain why are there plans to rebuild/reopen this shopping mall if this mall was truly losing money?

Unless it was DR1 rumors or speculation... but...

What happened to the "insurance claim" theory that many DR1ers were creating here?
:ermm:
-NALs

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
He He..

NALs said:
Can someone please explain why are there plans to rebuild/reopen this shopping mall if this mall was truly losing money?

What happened to the "insurance claim" theory that many DR1ers were creating here?
-NALs
because there are a lot of Sherlock Holmes on board?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
johne said:
because there are a lot of Sherlock Holmes on board?
Maybe that's it!:cheeky:

Remember when they were debating that the machine the government bought to build the metro tunnels could not make a hole in the ground?

I'm still waiting for the explanation of why on Diario Libre they keep showing picture of the "frikking" tunnel the metro builders have created with the machine that makes no holes!!!

:laugh:

-NALs

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
NALs said:
Maybe that's it!:cheeky:

Remember when they were debating that the machine the government bought to build the metro tunnels could not make a hole in the ground?

I'm still waiting for the explanation of why on Diario Libre they keep showing picture of the "frikking" tunnel the metro builders have created with the machine that makes no holes!!!

:laugh:

-NALs

Nobody said it didn't make holes, it was just made to make a different kind of hole.

Let's end that discussion here, if you have something to say on it, start a new thread, don't try and hijack this one.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
NALs said:

-NALs

What has loosing money got to do with anything here in the DR?

The owners would never admit to it and I'm sure their insurance
will pay up. If your an owner, what are you going to say?

Look no further than Malecon Center, it's a waste ground.
Full of sold empty apartments and shop sites.

If your going to dump a load of cash, look no further than building something nobody needs or wants. Funny, that theory also works here when you want to make loads of cash.