Mango festival - Baní 2018

Waitman

DR1
Dec 12, 2016
waitman.net
thanks. You take a wire brush type thing with a handle and run it along the metal grater thing, and it makes a sound. It's used as a musical instrument.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
That's what I thought but didn't see anything in the picture that you would use to brush them to make the maraca like sound.

So I thought maybe they were for making mango zest, lol.

Waitman

DR1
Dec 12, 2016
waitman.net
That's what I thought but didn't see anything in the picture that you would use to brush them to make the maraca like sound.

So I thought maybe they were for making mango zest, lol.
it's the thing in the guy's right hand, what appeared to be flexible wires in a wooden handle. I didn't touch it.

rghth.jpg

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I have this Mango tree that produces a mango over a pound each...my hand is big but these buggers dwarf me.
Purple shade to the skins.
I wonder when they are ripe? Soon I hope.
Russell

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
kind of. but maybe more like a car puttering out or a tire losing air?

[video=youtube_share;QUu1RL-XzDQ]https://youtu.be/QUu1RL-XzDQ[/video]
That's the sound I am accustomed to. To me it has a maraca like sound when the player brushes the guira, as opposed to when it is hit.

Anyway, back on topic....Mangos.

:classic: mob

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
right now i have mango festival in my kitchen. the season is in full swing and i get dozens of bags of mangoes from my mother in law on the top of whatever i collect walking the dogs. i believe she is taking a revenge on me for gifting her about 20 kg of cajuil last year. little does she know i already have 3 big bags of cajuil in my freezer and this year - yet again - i will keep her tied to the stove for dulce de cajuil production.

anyways, i am making tons of mango puree so we can have fresh juice in the winter. i also made mango ice cream and mango cheesecake (baked and no-bake). plus a bucket of mango spicy sauce. and today i will start mango and cardamon jam production line.