Manny homers at the first pitch he sees in the DWL!!

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Look at that crowd! I got the chills...

I am Liceysta but Manny is by far my favorite baseball player ever:

[video=youtube;EbFxE3XireQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EbFxE3XireQ[/video]

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
the outfield looks like it's 200 ft in that stadium. i could hit a home run...

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Look at that crowd! I got the chills...

I am Liceysta but Manny is by far my favorite baseball player ever:

[video=youtube;EbFxE3XireQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EbFxE3XireQ[/video]

Wow, you would have thought the World Series was won in extra innings!!!!!

Great passion down there for Baseball!! Manny must be in heaven, back in the spotlight, he's in his home country, they love him.......

He def has a flair for the dramatic, he homered his very first at bat for the Red Sox....(Not the first pitch)........

Not a bad place to end up when your career in THE SHOW, IS OVER...........

Seen him many times at Fenway, when he played for the Sox.......

He's a little out there, but I always liked him........

Great talent.......

Last edited:

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I hope his career is not over in the MLB. I owe Manny BIG TIME for knocking the Cubs out of the playoffs when they had the best record back in 2008.

Thank you Manny and the Dodgers for that from the bottom of my heart.

SNH

Jul 24, 2010
What a great way to start...

Just wondering if coming back to DR with the money he has mad makes him a HUGE target in his own country? maybe thats another thread.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Manny isnt even a Dominican. He belongs in Washington Heights or even Harlem with the blacks .... That said even if he has 50 million in the bank which I doubt he is chump change in Santo Domingo. He will be broke living off his MLB pension cheques by the time he is 50.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I dont know about all that but he does give a boost to the winter baseball league down here.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Manny isnt even a Dominican. He belongs in Washington Heights or even Harlem with the blacks ....

I thought that Washington Heights IS The DR. You do know the second or third largest Dominican city is Washington heights and surrounding areas right?

JMB: I thought you were from Chi-town and you always represented, blah, blah, blah...but you HATE the cubs???? Me thinks you're just a thoroughly confused individual...

Kyle: Have you even been to "El Valle de La Muerte"? It's not as easy as you'd think, otherwise these guys would have tons of home runs.

Las aguilas son las Aguilas...carajo!!!

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I thought that Washington Heights IS The DR. You do know the second or third largest Dominican city is Washington heights and surrounding areas right?

JMB: I thought you were from Chi-town and you always represented, blah, blah, blah...but you HATE the cubs???? Me thinks you're just a thoroughly confused individual...

Kyle: Have you even been to "El Valle de La Muerte"? It's not as easy as you'd think, otherwise these guys would have tons of home runs.

OKAYYYYY!!!!! Let me make this real simple I live in Chicago and I HATE the Chicago Cubs with a passion, so this what make me what kind of fan???? DR1 members who are familiar with MLB and city of Chicago can you help him out please.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
OKAYYYYY!!!!! Let me make this real simple I live in Chicago and I HATE the Chicago Cubs with a passion, so this what make me what kind of fan???? DR1 members who are familiar with MLB and city of Chicago can you help him out please.

I hope you just wear them with tennis shoes, bro...

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011

I missed where you called me "confused". You think I am confused because HATE the Cubs:mad: the team SUCKS, their FANS SUCK, their ballpark SUCKS!!!!

The Miami Heat has more Championships then the Cubs in the last 100 years, if this is not example of a team that sucks I do not know what is?

BTW I bet a 1,000,000RD if the Cubs played in the Dominican winter league they would finish in 2nd to last every year right behind Licey. I was having a good morning until I read post 11.

If JMB773 has one down fall it is the fact I share a city with the LOSER Cubs and that weak ass "Northside"

Suarenz you can CALL ME any name an the book, but please do not ever use JMB773 in the same sentence with Chicago Cubs:mad:

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
That was so great to see . Tha crowd , I wish I was there . Thst is what I love about the Dom Rep .