Margarita needs your help!!!

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I would certainly deferr to Rockey's specifics, especially on the cab fare, which was a pure guess, since I'm one of those crazies who always drives myself in the DR. I think I'm a bit closer on the driving time than he suggested, but I was probably a bit optomistic.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who things that there has been a lot of fuss being made over this little venture that perhaps would not have been made if Margarita were, fat and 50, or worse yet, a MAN. It's almost like talking about a "special person" who is considered an "inspiration" when they accomplish something. Being female and Dominican is not a handicap, and I think it is condescending to her to make such a big deal about it.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
sweetdbt said:
I would certainly deferr to Rockey's specifics, especially on the cab fare, which was a pure guess, since I'm one of those crazies who always drives myself in the DR. I think I'm a bit closer on the driving time than he suggested, but I was probably a bit optomistic.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who things that there has been a lot of fuss being made over this little venture that perhaps would not have been made if Margarita were, fat and 50, or worse yet, a MAN. It's almost like talking about a "special person" who is considered an "inspiration" when they accomplish something. Being female and Dominican is not a handicap, and I think it is condescending to her to make such a big deal about it.
The next thing you know they will be using the "HERO" word.

Drunkguy

Mar 20, 2006
i have walked by this beach bar at least 15 times in the last month and i have yet to meet margarita.

i talked with the girl working there and she says margarita is hardly ever there and when he does show up she rarely stays very long. she says margarita acts like she is better than everyone and walks around like a millionaire bragging about her rich boyfriend.

this girl wants to quit because she only makes 3000 pesos and has to support a family but she cant find another job. there are never any customers so she doesnt get any tips.

im not really sure what to make of all this but i will make a point this week to find margarita and chat her up a bit and see what is going on down there

a happy hour sounds pretty good tho and try to do something like the britannia which has a bucket of 5 presidentes for 200 pesos and i will be there a few times a week

DG

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Drunkguy said:
this girl wants to quit because she only makes 3000 pesos and has to support a family but she cant find another job. there are never any customers so she doesnt get any tips.

DG

what???? no customers? but, but all these dr1ers that have been posted about being there. hummm where did they go? :laugh:

lilmary11

Feb 10, 2006
Everyone loves an underdog

Lighten up guys, dont you know that everone loves the underdog.
Anyway she's just shlepping drinks on the beach, its not like she's running for Mayor of Sosua............................................................Yet

Vote for Margarita in '08

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
AnnaC said:
what???? no customers? but, but all these dr1ers that have been posted about being there. hummm where did they go? :laugh:

The few times I stopped by I was the only customer. It seems most bars on the beach operate this way. One customer an hour seems to be the norm. How they stay in business I will never know. There are plenty of places on Pedro Clisante that seem to survive with the hourly customer also.