miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Oye brother!!!

Buzzard said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escott
Go to Jamaica Dope.

And there goes yet another satisfied customer out the door, anxious to tell the world of his/her experience when coming to DR1 for information about the DR.
It sure is a good thing that DR1 isn't a business and Scott a spokesman for it. LOL
If you were a country, would you let someone like him come to you for the only purpose of smoking marijuana. He is not asking about the country's beauty, he is talking only about marijuana, get it?

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Quote:
Go to Jamaica Dope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGDON
MAYBE I WILL.... YOU KNOW WHERE YOU CAN GO SMART ***. WHY DO YOU FIND THE NEED TO BE SO CHILDISH IN YOUR RESPONSE.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
And there goes yet another satisfied customer out the door, anxious to tell the world of his/her experience when coming to DR1 for information about the DR.
It sure is a good thing that DR1 isn't a business and Scott a spokesman for it. LOL
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
miguel said:
If you were a country, would you let someone like him come to you for the only purpose of smoking marijuana. He is not asking about the country's beauty, he is talking only about marijuana, get it?
My dear Miquel:perhaps it is you who doesn't "get it". My post points out yet another example of what can only be called 'cheap shots' at nubie posters. I'm amazed that the people who run DR1 tolerate it.The forums are filled with this type of attack. After spending less than one month reading posts, it became apparent that some of the posters (Escott being a particularly egregious example) must spend their days and nights lurking in the bushes, so to speak, ready to pounce on some poor unsuspecting bloke who dared to use THEIR forum for what the preceive as a less than worthy query. Never before has the urge to scream "GET A LIFE" been so appropriate. This poster (BIGDON) is not the first to comment on the lack of civility and maturity present in these forums. I will repeat my initial premise in a straightforward manner: DR1 IS a business and Escott, you and I are spokesmen for the DR1 forums. How we conduct ourselves affects the success of DR1. That's why 'cuss words' are parsed out. To bad there isn't a 'parser' for the mean-spirited words as well.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Listen to this!!!

Buzzard said:
Quote:
Go to Jamaica Dope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGDON
MAYBE I WILL.... YOU KNOW WHERE YOU CAN GO SMART ***. WHY DO YOU FIND THE NEED TO BE SO CHILDISH IN YOUR RESPONSE.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

My dear Miquel:perhaps it is you who doesn't "get it". My post points out yet another example of what can only be called 'cheap shots' at nubie posters. I'm amazed that the people who run DR1 tolerate it.The forums are filled with this type of attack. After spending less than one month reading posts, it became apparent that some of the posters (Escott being a particularly egregious example) must spend their days and nights lurking in the bushes, so to speak, ready to pounce on some poor unsuspecting bloke who dared to use THEIR forum for what the preceive as a less than worthy query. Never before has the urge to scream "GET A LIFE" been so appropriate. This poster (BIGDON) is not the first to comment on the lack of civility and maturity present in these forums. I will repeat my initial premise in a straightforward manner: DR1 IS a business and Escott, you and I are spokesmen for the DR1 forums. How we conduct ourselves affects the success of DR1. That's why 'cuss words' are parsed out. To bad there isn't a 'parser' for the mean-spirited words as well.
My dear Buzzard, do you know that smoking marijuana is ilegal in the US, the DR, Jamaica and if I am not mistaken, all over the world. He was asking about something that is NOT legal. What are we supposed to do?, tell the guy that it's ok to go and do it and then for him to come back to the board and tell us that we lied to him. Anything done illegally has it's consecuences. Next time a child molester comes to this board asking if it's easy to molest a child in the DR, are we suppose to tell him that it's ok?. I am using that as an example because both things are illegal. If he was interested in getting to know the DR people and the culture, that it's fine with me but to ask if he can do something illegal, no way are we going to help him. I will bet my home with you that that poster had no intentions of being a true DR1 member. He just wanted to ask a particular question. I missed the part where he said " Hi all, I am new to this forum, I am going to the DR and I can not wait to see the country and learn about their culture". I will read it again and I WILL apologize to him 100,000 if I missed that paragraph, promise.

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
What are we supposed to do?

miguel said:
My dear Buzzard, do you know that smoking marijuana is ilegal in the US, the DR, Jamaica and if I am not mistaken, all over the world. He was asking about something that is NOT legal. What are we supposed to do?, tell the guy that it's ok to go and do it and then for him to come back to the board and tell us that we lied to him.

Since you asked, let me tell you. Or rather, let a fellow poster tell you (a certain Mark1), and I quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1
I think " sorry , ganja not tollerated in DR, very very risky!" was enough

To which our erstwhile (and, by now, throughly chastened) poster responded (in, perhaps, too loud a voice):
THANK YOU FOR YOUR STRAIGHT FORWARD ANSWER THAT IS ALL I WANTED
NOT LIKE THESE OTHERKNOW IT ALL JERKS

Why Miquel does you post never once address my issue?????? Just tell me: Do you agree with my premise about the childish responses and that they hurt the DR1? Or not? PLEASE, address the issue in my post, which had nothing to do with marijuana AT ALL!

Kuda

*** Sock-puppet ***
Jan 1, 2002
Face it...

You "regulars" can be real dicks sometimes. Like thugs hanging out on a street corner, looking for a reason to jump someone. DR1 is the corner. DR is the neighborhood. And you're giving it a bad name.

The poster asked a simple, albeit naive question. You shot him down in flames. And besides, it's just pot for christ sake. It's not like he asked to smoke crack in your basement with your teenage daughter.

Go drink a bunch or rum and drive around your "neighborhood" really, really fast. That's called "thinning the herd"!

Mar 21, 2002
flor de campana

in el cibao locals make a tea with el flor de la campana. it has the same effects as weed. everyone does it but nobody openly says it. thats the reason cibaenos are so laid back.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Si!!

Buzzard said:
Since you asked, let me tell you. Or rather, let a fellow poster tell you (a certain Mark1), and I quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1
I think " sorry , ganja not tollerated in DR, very very risky!" was enough

To which our erstwhile (and, by now, throughly chastened) poster responded (in, perhaps, too loud a voice):
THANK YOU FOR YOUR STRAIGHT FORWARD ANSWER THAT IS ALL I WANTED
NOT LIKE THESE OTHERKNOW IT ALL JERKS

Why Miquel does you post never once address my issue?????? Just tell me: Do you agree with my premise about the childish responses and that they hurt the DR1? Or not? PLEASE, address the issue in my post, which had nothing to do with marijuana AT ALL!
You are right, sometimes, some old posters would be very childish in his/her response (me included) but you also have to understand that for some, it was very disrespecful of him to come to "their home" and ask if he could do something illegal. For one, I could not believe that someone would post such a thread. He was not looking to see the country because if you read his post, he implied that if it was not possible for him to get it over there, that he would then go to Jamaica. We will not help someone to come to the DR and do illegal things. BUTTTTT, and this I swear to you, if you, me or anybody comes to this board and is seeking help for any situation, we will stand together and be there for that person. Do you really think that being sarcastic to someone that wanted to smoke marijuana in the DR would hurt DR1?. Again, yes, you are right to a degree.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Well!

Kuda said:
You "regulars" can be real dicks sometimes. Like thugs hanging out on a street corner, looking for a reason to jump someone. DR1 is the corner. DR is the neighborhood. And you're giving it a bad name.

The poster asked a simple, albeit naive question. You shot him down in flames. And besides, it's just pot for christ sake. It's not like he asked to smoke crack in your basement with your teenage daughter.

Go drink a bunch or rum and drive around your "neighborhood" really, really fast. That's called "thinning the herd"!
He asked a stupid question and he got some smarty-*** answers.
Maybe it's only pot for you but it's a brain cells eater for others.
Sorry but now I have to go drink some rum and drive real fast and I hope that you are not crossing the street, hehehe.

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
Remember to use search

Had this person done a search he would have had all the info he needed.
John

bill p

Aug 18, 2003
pot

anyone who wants to bring or smoke pot in the dr has got to be crazy at best. i for one smoked it for over 28 yrs.traveled to dr for 18 yrs . never missed it while i was there . with the beer and rum , pot is not needed . the people and thier country is all that is needed for a high.y take a foolish chance. by the way, any one who thinks smoking pot burns more brain cells than drinking rum has been misinformed. any doctor will tell u that.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
miguel said:
Sorry but now I have to go drink some rum and drive real fast and I hope that you are not crossing the street, hehehe.

Miguel, that cracked me up... not literally of course! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.