Marlin Martinez released from jail; she had been convicted in the murder of a pregnant teenager

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Marlin-Martinez-N-Digital.jpg

The Second Hall of the Penal Chamber of San Francisco de Macoris, Carminia Caminero approved releasing Marlin Martinez from jail. She was sentenced initially to five years in jail, appealed and got the sentence reduced to two years that she has already served. She initially was accused of complicity in the murder of pregnant 16-year old Emely Peguero. The dreadful circumstances of the murder never were clear. The physician who intervened in the forceful abortion was never tried in court. Martínez’s 18-year old son was sentenced to 30 years in prison.

Marlin Martinez was serving her sentence in Rafey Women’s Jail in Santiago. At the time of her arrest, she was the deputy director of the Passports Agency.

When Emely Peguero went missing, Marlin Martínez pleaded for the girl to return. This despite it later proven that she had helped remove the cadaver of the girl.

In November...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Accused or convicted?

The general feeling among the Dominican public is that she is at least as guilty as her son. I don't know what life on the outside will be like for her.

Reactions: JD Jones

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
This woman is disgusting and this case is horrific. I watched the court proceedings on this and both she and her son showed no authentic emotion. She blatantly lied to the courts and made media appearances begging Emely Peguero to show herself, knowing full well the girl was dead having participated.
If I remember correctly, the mother orchestrated the botched abortion plus helped her son if not dismember Emely, at least pack the girl’s body out of their apartment.
In a just world this woman would die a slow, painful death. I hope street justice finds her but she’ll probably flee to the states.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
This woman is disgusting and this case is horrific. I watched the court proceedings on this and both she and her son showed no authentic emotion. She blatantly lied to the courts and made media appearances begging Emely Peguero to show herself, knowing full well the girl was dead having participated.
If I remember correctly, the mother orchestrated the botched abortion plus helped her son if not dismember Emely, at least pack the girl’s body out of their apartment.
In a just world this woman would die a slow, painful death. I hope street justice finds her but she’ll probably flee to the states.

Agreed, her and her son deserve much more than sentences bestowed.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
it was not prooved that she was a complize in the murder, only that she helped to hide it.
for that she got sentenced to 5 years, while her sone, teh murderer, got 30 years behind bars.
why her setence been reduced from 5 years to just 2 years, i don't know, because 2 years is way too little punishment for what she did tohelp her son.
as for her release now:
well, she did the 2 years jailtime, so she had to be released.
I dn't like that she got the sentence reduced to just 2years, bt thats the fact, so to release her now is the right thing to do.
to me, she and son are both the worst trash that could be found within our race and should be locked away for ever.
to this biach the live of the girl was worth nothing compared to the high value of her high society family value, pure Trash.

Reactions: Auryn

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
There is their "cambio." Government switched and it took not long and there she walks...
naaa.
her sentence was reduced to just 2 years by the former guys.
so she did her time.
even that we all (of course incuding myself) do not like to see her walk after such short sentence,
no democratic state can keep a prisioner after the sentence been done.
the guilty guys are the ones who reduced her 5 years to just 2 years.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Honestly Mike this case and the sheer brutality of it has me questioning “democratic justice”. Guaranteed dear Marlon or (whatever the sick son’s name is) walks too after less than half his sentence.

Mi esposo says he’ll do maybe 10 max and get out claiming mental illness. Mom will be on a plane out of the country within 24 hours of her release. He also says the family is connected to the Mejias of the Hippo variety which is why she got off. I’d put money in it.

Sometimes street justice is the most fair.

Reactions: MikeFisher

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Honestly Mike this case and the sheer brutality of it has me questioning “democratic justice”. Guaranteed dear Marlon or (whatever the sick son’s name is) walks too after less than half his sentence.

Mi esposo says he’ll do maybe 10 max and get out claiming mental illness. Mom will be on a plane out of the country within 24 hours of her release. He also says the family is connected to the Mejias of the Hippo variety which is why she got off. I’d put money in it.

Sometimes street justice is the most fair.
i don't disagree on any point.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I wonder what type of time her son is doing hard time or resort time with tv chicas and hot water

MarJD

Aug 29, 2012
I don't think she will be safe anywhere "free" in DR. I bet she is planning to leave the country, and even then, she will be looking over her shoulders.

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Any body know the name of the Doctor?

A doctor was never required to stand trial. It is hard to believe that the 18-year old son did the abortion on his own. But only the son was convicted for the abortion. Abortion in the Dominican Republic is a crime. I would speculate he probably was not there when it was carried out. Who paid for the abortion?

With new prosecutors, I wonder if the family of the murdered child could open a new trial, this time accusing the doctor that could deny all. The son would have to talk. Speculating, this is unlikely because it would further incriminate his mom. For sure the mom has told her son that she will work out the reduction of his sentence the way she did of her own.

Don't remember the media reporting the mother was a US citizen. How would she migrate to the US, as speculated above.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Money buys justice and appeals in the RD. Her sentence was reduced on technicality: that the appeal judge(s) could only weigh her DISPOSAL OF A CADAVER and nothing else which merited 2 years which she had already served.

In a civilized country this verdict is two life sentences with these heinous circumstances. Her 5 year original sentence was based on "technicality" as well.

Per the article, the abortion was performed AFTER the killing. It doesn't get much more gruesome than that.

Abinader should jail and bar the judges in this case and the original case and her defense attorneys for collusion and corruption and vacate this appeal verdict good God. He needs to open up a formal investigation into this entire affair.

She owes the family of the deceased almost $90,000.00 as compensation. Like they will see one red cent of that.

This is as putrid as it gets.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Dolores, it was not AN ABORTION.

It was the MUTILATION of a corpse.

He excised a dead baby from her dead mother.