Marlin Martinez released from jail; she had been convicted in the murder of a pregnant teenager

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
The doctor was a younger woman who fled the country (possibly to Spain) shortly after being exposed. Emely was 5 months pregnant when the abortion was performed and had fetal remains in her body when it was discovered. It wasn’t even a complete abortion. She died from a blow to the head.

Marlin Martinez is sadistic and orchestrated the whole thing even though it wasn’t proven in court. She invited the media to her home and plead for Emely to tell people where she was. She claimed she “only acted as a mother” in trying to help her son COVER UP THE MURDER OF HIS 5 MONTHS PREGNANT girlfriend. She lied publicly on several occasions.
Pictures of her with Hipólito Mejía are circulating, but I haven’t heard anything substantial proving their connection.
Here is an article in English that covers the case quite well. I’m not claiming Buzz Feed is a reliable source, but it goes over all of the disturbing main points that were covered in Dominican media.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The sentence reduction took place under the previous government. Her political connections could be said to be linked to both administrations but she served in a relatively high-ranking role in the Medina government.

Reactions: Auryn and AlterEgo

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Here is one of the pictures that is circulating. In the other, Marlin Martinez has an older style short hair, Mejía is wearing a white guayabera and a white “Llego Papa” (or whatever it was) campaign hat, but I can’t find a link to it. Their connection is yet to be proven and verified. The older photo makes it easy to assume they go way back.
While living and working there, I often wondered how often some of the rich and well- connected get away with heinous crimes and don’t get caught.

https://republicadominicanaonline.blogspot.com/2018/11/foto-de-hipolito-mejia-y-marlin.html?m=1

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Here is one of the pictures that is circulating. In the other, Marlin Martinez has an older style short hair, Mejía is wearing a white guayabera and a white “Llego Papa” (or whatever it was) campaign hat, but I can’t find a link to it. Their connection is yet to be proven and verified. The older photo makes it easy to assume they go way back.
While living and working there, I often wondered how often some of the rich and well- connected get away with heinous crimes and don’t get caught.

https://republicadominicanaonline.blogspot.com/2018/11/foto-de-hipolito-mejia-y-marlin.html?m=1

1. This is correct. No connection has yet to be proven and verified in all this time, so those that are trying to portray one now are being absolutely irresponsible in nature.

2. Rich and well-connected get away with heinous crimes all over the globe, not only within the RD. This does not make it correct.

Just to emphasize, and not be taken out of context, I am, and have always been in agreement with the thought that ALL OF THE ANIMALS involved and complicit in this horrible crime should have received the full allowable maximum penalties of the law, if not more.

Reactions: GusFring

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012

Left prison under the cover of darkness at high speed or media exaggeration? How nice would it have been to hear her car was hijacked and she was no longer alive.
Absolute nonsense that she’s even out.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
The time for the outrage was when her sentence, which was originally five years, was reduced to just two.
She served her two years, and was free to go under the provisions of the law, as disgusting as that might be to digest, for even myself.
Advocating for the assassination/murder of somebody on a public web forum is not a wise course of action, regardless of level of outrage due to their despicable actions.
As a person who lost an immediate family member to criminal violence, I know what I speak of.

Reactions: aarhus