Marrying Dominican as a dual citizenship and starting Visa Process

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Yes I know this. My question is will bank statements and a company letter saying my income be enough or do you need a tax return? We got married in 2018 and I would need to file as married filing jointly but she doesnt have a social yes she hasnt been given a visa. It says you must submit a tax return on the website.

I believe the website tells you.

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
Yes I know this. My question is will bank statements and a company letter saying my income be enough or do you need a tax return? We got married in 2018 and I would need to file as married filing jointly but she doesnt have a social yes she hasnt been given a visa. It says you must submit a tax return on the website.
You will need a copy of your federal tax return with supporting w2's or an IRS transcript. You can also use assets(they prefer to see more liquid assets). You only need the most recent tax year, unless your income is close to the threshold.

You can file for 2018 as married filing separately, put NRA(non resident alien) in place of your spouse's social security number, and file an amended return when they receive their social security number. You will not be able to file electronically, you will need to submit your return by mail. You will have three years to file the amended return.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk