master honda mechanic needed

Bokeb

Dec 14, 2022
Cabarete
Hello, I am looking for a master mechanic with a specialty in Hondas.

My business partner has a Ridgeline that is overdue for a full service (electrical issues and water in engine), and now is partially disassembled in the yard (!) of a mechanic that was not up to par for the job.

Make no mistake, its a bit of a rescue mission. The job is to go to the yard with one of us and recover the missing pieces as much as possible, then bring it to your shop and get it fixed.

An engine replacement may or may not be in order. salvaging the current one if reasonable would mean more reward for the mechanic.

Truck's current location: Sosua
Ideally the mechanic would be in Sosua, Puerto Plata, Santiago, etc.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Tall order my friend.
Never ever trust a shade tree mechanic in DR. Not one of them can fix a car and 80% of those in a shop can either
And never let anyone under 40 work on your car.
I'm afraid you need to look for another vehicle.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Bokeb

Dec 14, 2022
Cabarete
Tall order my friend.
Never ever trust a shade tree mechanic in DR. Not one of them can fix a car and 80% of those in a shop can either
And never let anyone under 40 work on your car.
I'm afraid you need to look for another vehicle.
I hear you.

It wasn't my call to go to this yard.

On the other hand, we are definitely willing to pay a good rate to have this job done right, if the right guy finds his way to us.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I hear you.

It wasn't my call to go to this yard.

On the other hand, we are definitely willing to pay a good rate to have this job done right, if the right guy finds his way to us.
There are a couple decent Dominican mechanics that might get involved. None of the extranjero mechanics will go down this rabbit hole. Try Rubio across from the base near Cangrejo. He might agree to send one of his mechanics with you to evaluate the project.
If he won't take on the job I doubt anyone will

Bokeb

Dec 14, 2022
Cabarete
There are a couple decent Dominican mechanics that might get involved. None of the extranjero mechanics will go down this rabbit hole. Try Rubio across from the base near Cangrejo. He might agree to send one of his mechanics with you to evaluate the project.
Ok, thank you for this, I will look for this fellow.

Bokeb

Dec 14, 2022
Cabarete
I hope you find the right guy but there may be already a lot of pieces that have magically “disappeared”…
Yes, this is a part of the situation. We just want to recover what we can and get it to a real shop. What parts we need to buy we buy.

Bokeb

Dec 14, 2022
Cabarete
is this more or less the right spot- right on the main drag?

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
Hello, I am looking for a master mechanic with a specialty in Hondas.

My business partner has a Ridgeline that is overdue for a full service (electrical issues and water in engine), and now is partially disassembled in the yard (!) of a mechanic that was not up to par for the job.

Make no mistake, its a bit of a rescue mission. The job is to go to the yard with one of us and recover the missing pieces as much as possible, then bring it to your shop and get it fixed.

An engine replacement may or may not be in order. salvaging the current one if reasonable would mean more reward for the mechanic.

Truck's current location: Sosua
Ideally the mechanic would be in Sosua, Puerto Plata, Santiago, etc.
Who's yard is the truck in now?

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Honda Ridgeline is a most excellent vehicle. the 3.5 V6 is worth salvaging. I would pay a little extra for this vehicle within reason.

Reactions: Bokeb

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
You might be better towing that car to Santiago, I am sure you will find the right person over there.

JJ

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
It is common in the DR for a scammer to say he is a mechanic and tow your car away and take it apart and sell the parts and as it is a honda very in demand....been there done that......

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I don't think it's too bad as some people are trying to make it here, in Santiago City there are hundreds of high rated mechanics.
All my family in Santiago find good mechanic shops.

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I bought a repo car about 12 years ago, the engine cylinders head and lot of parts was set in boxes in the truck of the car, same reason the person who leased the car took it to a bad mechanic who couldn't fix.
I went to LKQ and pulled an engine off a junked car and put it together.
I bought the engine without any attachments what we call Motor Pelao in DR.
That would be a good choice in your case.

JJ

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
dominican fella Ronnie in sosua abajo
If you think you are going to find a competent person for anything mechanical in Sosua Abajo you are sadly mistaken. That's like casting your line in a Dominican pothole of water and expecting to catch a fresh Pacific Salmon