McDonald's in Puerto Plata

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Next to the Jumbo they are building a McDonald's. This will be the first stand alone McDonald's on the north coast, part of the expansion in recent years mostly in the Santo Domingo and Santiago areas. It appears it isn't open yet, but opening day shouldn't be too far (unless a new Covid related nationwide shutdown is imposed.)

Reactions: cavok and Seamonkey

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Next to the Jumbo they are building a McDonald's. This will be the first stand alone McDonald's on the north coast, part of the expansion in recent years mostly in the Santo Domingo and Santiago areas. It appears it isn't open yet, but opening day shouldn't be too far (unless a new Covid related nationwide shutdown is imposed.)

Funny. In the states I never go there, but here it's totally different.

Reactions: aarhus and cavok

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Pizza Hut and now McDonalds. Seems like a weekly trip to Puerto Plata is in my near future.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Be careful....Mc Donalds can cause bad things to happen to your body, if it becomes a habit........
It’s not a habit for me but I do like a big mac meal every now and again. Maybe a couple of times in a year. Used to be more.

Reactions: USA DOC

jd_mine

Sep 24, 2003
Am I just imagining things or did the beef in the hamburgers at Burger King in Puerto Plata taste completely different than at home?

Reactions: thompstr

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Pizza Hut and now McDonalds. Seems like a weekly trip to Puerto Plata is in my near future.
Pizza Hut? Where? Because yes McDonald's, I first heard about a year ago from a friend that knows "people" that they had signed a contract to build a McD. But also for a while, it was on Google Maps, but then suddenly they removed it and just checked again and it's there again. But the building does look exactly like the one they have in Duarte, Santiago.
I still find it a bit strange though, that they haven't announced or said anything about it on any social media.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Pizza Hut in Puerto Plata, next to La Locanda in the Luis Ginebra. I have no idea where that location is, but upstairs from it is Mariposa de Papel.
That's in Plaza Galerias del Atlantico ( in the same complex as Licormart) on the left past the Palacio de Justicia but before the police station

Reactions: Seamonkey

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Pizza Hut? Where? Because yes McDonald's, I first heard about a year ago from a friend that knows "people" that they had signed a contract to build a McD. But also for a while, it was on Google Maps, but then suddenly they removed it and just checked again and it's there again. But the building does look exactly like the one they have in Duarte, Santiago.
I still find it a bit strange though, that they haven't announced or said anything about it on any social media.
The MC donalds on del sol in Santiago is a absolute gold mine....I think they have the francise rights for all Santiago and m,aybe more cities...............

Reactions: CristoRey

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I am waiting for Chick-fil-A and Taco Bell in Puerto Plata too.
And definitely need some frozen yogurt shops

But above all I would like a Chipotle in Sosua