McDonald's in Puerto Plata

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
AlterEgo…agree … But they (the Americans) did make the decision to travel to new and exotic places. Traveling be it to DR or Paris…it would never be the lust of needing to chomp down on a McDonalds. Pretty sad I think.
The great benefit with McD is that, from personal experience, wherever you are in the world, it basically tastes the same. So going to a McD you generally know what you are getting. So going to a new place, perhaps after a long flight, you are hungry, and especially if you have kids, it's so convenient to go to a McD if available, instead of figuring out and agreeing where and what you should eat.

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
2nd time yesterday to McDonald's in Puerto Plata. Both time with kiddies 10-16 years old. They love it. Beautiful place. Great service. (I don't eat that stuff but for a treat for kids it can't be beat)

Reactions: AlaPlaya

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The great benefit with McD is that, from personal experience, wherever you are in the world, it basically tastes the same. So going to a McD you generally know what you are getting. So going to a new place, perhaps after a long flight, you are hungry, and especially if you have kids, it's so convenient to go to a McD if available, instead of figuring out and agreeing where and what you should eat.
My last trip to McDonalds in POP cured me of all future desires to ever go to one again no matter the country.

BTW, I do recall McDonalds in the US being quite a bit better than the one in POP. The french fries even sucked in POP.

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
Kricke87 said: "BTW, I do recall McDonalds in the US being quite a bit better than the one in POP. The French fries even sucked in POP".
I have to agree with you. Even the Micky Ds in Santiago are much better.

Reactions: windeguy

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
You have to ask for freshly fried french fries. They will make them for you if you ask. You'll get them too hot to eat.

Duece

Mar 11, 2004
Am I just imagining things or did the beef in the hamburgers at Burger King in Puerto Plata taste completely different than at home?
You are correct and once in awhile they must get a meat shipment from a new vendor and it will taste ok.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
My last trip to McDonalds in POP cured me of all future desires to ever go to one again no matter the country.

BTW, I do recall McDonalds in the US being quite a bit better than the one in POP. The french fries even sucked in POP.
Good for you, more for the rest of us! :LOL: Just because you've had a bad experience one time doesn't mean that it's ALWAYS bad. I've had many bad experiences at many places, to then come back and have great experiences.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Reactions: cavok

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
It's about Dominicans and what they want and not what some gringos think a Caribbean island should be like.
Certainly. This was a McDonald's at 2am in SD about a week ago. Young Dominicans everywhere, expats not to be seen. That's the real target of DR McDonald's. The new one in Puerto Plata happens to be near a major expat town, but expats aren't the reason it is there. If it was, the appearance of DR McDonald's (opening of restaurants) would start precisely in expat hotspots and tourists areas rather than starting elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: cavok