Medical Advice needed

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Thx Tambo
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Symptoms
Inguinal hernia signs and symptoms include:

A bulge in the area on either side of your pubic bone, which becomes more obvious when you're upright, especially if you cough or strain
A burning or aching sensation at the bulge
Pain or discomfort in your groin, especially when bending over, coughing or lifting
A heavy or dragging sensation in your groin
Weakness or pressure in your groin
Occasionally, pain and swelling around the testicles when the protruding intestine descends into the scrotum
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am having my staff check my own situation as we type.

Welcome to DST !!

If the most apparent symptom is the swollen testicle....
The other warning symptoms surely would have been felt first

I still disagree with the hernia suggestion.....
The doctor will answer for us... we hope

Last edited:

les1

Feb 1, 2007
I would like to thank everyone for their concerns and advice. Actually what happened is this:
I have been taking Champix, a medicine to help stop smoking, a very effective one. However it comes with many potential side effects and as I'd been feeling out of sorts I decided to look at the leaflet which came with the pills. I identified of a number I was experiencing, including generally feeling unwell, feeling cold, peeing a lot etc etc and thought perhaps my swollen ball could be related so stopped taking the Champix. After 2 days and the day before my appointment in Santiago it started to get better so I cancelled/postponed my appointment. Now everything is fine.
Thanks again for the concern

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I would like to thank everyone for their concerns and advice. Actually what happened is this:
I have been taking Champix, a medicine to help stop smoking, a very effective one. However it comes with many potential side effects and as I'd been feeling out of sorts I decided to look at the leaflet which came with the pills. I identified of a number I was experiencing, including generally feeling unwell, feeling cold, peeing a lot etc etc and thought perhaps my swollen ball could be related so stopped taking the Champix. After 2 days and the day before my appointment in Santiago it started to get better so I cancelled/postponed my appointment. Now everything is fine.
Thanks again for the concern

Good news..... yup - any change in your regular routine might trigger a reaction.

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
I would like to find reliable high quality medical advice/testing. This is why:
One of my balls has grown enormously in the last month or so. This could be for a variety of reasons, one being cancer. My flight to England is not until June. So can anyone recommend anywhere for tests, perhaps an American hospital? A phone number would be great - of an English speaker. Any smart comments will be treated with thye contempt they deserve.
Thanks

For something as serious as you just stated, I would change my June flight to the next flight to the UK!

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
[QUOTE I have been taking Champix, a medicine to help stop smoking QUOTE]

Not to hijack the post but if your really motivated to stop smoking try reading "The Easy way To Stop Smoking" by Alan Carr. My 1st attempt I only read 1/3 of the the book and kept smoking, about 15 months later I was much more motivated to quit so picked it up again and plowed through it.

It worked!, haven't had a cigarette in 6 years nor even the desire to smoke one. I think the hitch is, that you must REALLY want to quit. Good luck..