Medicals for Immigration Canada

mona

Aug 19, 2005
Can somone please tell the process for the medicals. And approx. how long this process takes before Haiti actually has it?

Thanks

marxsis

Aug 13, 2007
Hi Mona,

I think they only receive the medical when they contact the medical office to have it forwarded to Haiti. That's why some people have noticed when checking their status online it says "medical received" near when they are about to issue the visa after the interview. This is only a guess though from what I read from other people going through the process.

Cheers,
marxsis

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
i think it is different for every situation. I've heard the medicals get sent to Haiti in a few short months, then i've also heard it can take up to 5 months. So, who really knows. In my expierence, my online profile didn't say "medical received" until the very end, but i contacted them 6 months earlier and they told me they had already gotten it, so i don't know.

mona

Aug 19, 2005
When you contacted them did you call directly to Haiti?

How long after they received your application did they confirm that they had your medical?

I ask only because we didn't realize that his children also needed a medical, so we only did this Sept.10,2007. However the "in process" status has been applied since Jluy 25,2007. I am just curious to see if these medicals will delay things much further.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
When you contacted them did you call directly to Haiti?

How long after they received your application did they confirm that they had your medical?

I ask only because we didn't realize that his children also needed a medical, so we only did this Sept.10,2007. However the "in process" status has been applied since Jluy 25,2007. I am just curious to see if these medicals will delay things much further.

Are the children coming with him? If they are then yes this will delay the process.

Here is dchenriquez timeline

Here's the timeline that i had, i don't think i posted it earlier.
September 2005 - married
October 2006 - medical done
October 23 2006 - Submitted papers
November 23 2006 - I was approved to Sponsor
March 2007 - online finally says "in process"
May 2007 - Medical Results received (update online)
June 23 2007 - update online "decision made"
June 29 2007 - visa issued and received passport
August 4 2007 - coming to Canada

Last edited:

mona

Aug 19, 2005
Thank you for the info Anna......and no the children are not coming with us right now. We do however plan to sponsor them later.
It appears that the "in process" status only changes to "received medical" shortly before the application has been approved. If the timing is correct I find it difficult to believe that they would put all that effort into these applications only to then find out at the end that the client is denied due to medical reasons.

So I can only hope that already they have received the children's medicals.

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Medicals for all applicants in the Caribbean region go to the Canadian Embassy in Port of Spain, Trindad and Tobago, for analysis. If further information is required, they will notify the Embassy in Santo Domingo, who will in turn contact you or your spouse. Sometimes the medical clinic is slow to send the reports. It may be a good idea to check with them to confirm it has been sent, and when. Once the analysis is completed, the Port of Spain office sends their report to the Haiti office. I would recommend calling the Clinic to make sure that everything has been sent to Port of Spain at least you will get an idea of where things are at.