Medicines.....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yes, that's exactly what i mean. sometimes one off exposure to an allergen will cause severe reaction. sometimes you may be exposed to it with no ill effects for a long time. you can to a quick search on the subject: food allergies can appear at any point in life and while kids can grow out of their allergies sometimes adults cannot...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'm allergic to Penicillin. At least, that's what I've understood for my entire life. I've taken more antibiotics for different reasons than most normal persons.

If I could take penicillin, that would open up an entirely new set of medications that I could take for my particular ailments, but I have yet to run across a doctor here that will take the chance. Even allergists will not give me an allergy test, because "there are lots of other options available."

Sometimes I feel like buying a pill, and rubbing it into my arm to see what happens.

JD, that's what made Mr. AE hit the floor with a thud. Be afraid, be very afraid.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
rattus, as in generic medicine? that i use all the time, i am not fussy. however proper big time migraine meds from triptans family are really expensive here, about 1000 pesos for two pills. even DR made. i am going to stock on that stuff when i am the UK later this year, they sell it OTC at 8 pounds a packet, about half of dominican price...

my headache became a lot worse in DR. in london i never had a migraine, in poland, sporadically. here is can be once a month or four times a week. certainly it was here in DR i first landed in an emergency unit because of a migraine. but big time mega pain that lands me in a hospital only happens about once a year.

currently i take a combination of pills at the slightest sign of pain, usually 4 to 6 different pills. i take various combinations of ibuprofen, paracetamol, codeine, gabapentin, pregabalina, amitriptilina, mirtazepina, sertalina, buclizine, ketoprofen, gosh, i could go on probably. my liver is probably a bit mushy from all this.

May 5, 2007
yes, that's exactly what i mean. sometimes one off exposure to an allergen will cause severe reaction. sometimes you may be exposed to it with no ill effects for a long time. you can to a quick search on the subject: food allergies can appear at any point in life and while kids can grow out of their allergies sometimes adults cannot...

You missed my slightly veiled hint at sarcasm; after twenty years of chocolate bars you ass suddenly gets bigger :paranoid:

Dv8- well sometimes we cant think of the liver.

I was just wondering if you had been so Lucky and found some local chems made out of Natural Products. But if you are medicinefree in PL, maybe it would be an idea to relocate to europe. Just for a while so Your "defences" can be better again.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i'm saving migraine issue to cite in divorce papers ;)

i do not believe in natural medicine when it comes to two on my biggest health issue: migraine and car pukes. in those two cases i happily drug myself into oblivion. but my diet has completely changed in DR and i tend to commit healthy choices. i do not even drink. what i do to my liver with medicine i make up with being a good girl in general...

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Getting back to the original thoughts. It is not the side effects of medicine that will kill us but rather the "superbug" that we are breeding by taking antibiotics at the drop of a hat and then not taking time for the full course. Being able to go to the pharmacy here and get 2 or three penicillin (or any antibiotics) to take for your gripe is going to kill us all, as the bugs develop resistance to the drugs. With the "girpe" or flu or cold or most every day maladies you can take a full course of antibiotics and you will be better in about 10 days or take nothing and it will take about a week and a half.

Bob K

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
bob, this is not what is going to do us in but rather constant presence of antibiotics in our life without us being aware of it: milk and meat are spiked with it, it's in the water and the ground since all antibiotics are eliminated in the urine. antibiotics are one of the greatest things the civilization birthed but they are also a curse. why do you think TB - a disease thought to be nearly eradicated - is back? with double strength too because it often presents resistance to standard therapy.

Many Meds have a long list on the internet or paper you take home with you. It doesn't mean you will get any of them they just have to list it for legal reasons.
I wouldn't just stop taking an anti-biotic if that is what it is.

If advil cures your Migraine you really have never had a hardcore Migraine.

I would go blind in one eye when i got mine. Haven't had one for years but know of many people who suffer from them and advil is def not the answer for the pain!

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Many Meds have a long list on the internet or paper you take home with you. It doesn't mean you will get any of them they just have to list it for legal reasons.
I wouldn't just stop taking an anti-biotic if that is what it is.

If advil cures your Migraine you really have never had a hardcore Migraine.

I would go blind in one eye when i got mine. Haven't had one for years but know of many people who suffer from them and advil is def not the answer for the pain!
But they do have all the nasty things listed for another reason as well and I am going though few mild ones.
And it isn't fun.